Wednesday, August 21, 2013

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON !!!!

Up early to get the day started with g-son here at 7am.
I spent the morning after my regular duties, in the kitchen baking cakes. I baked 40 layers and 2 pound cakes before stopping for lunch.
The forecast was for rain today and if you go on looks they would be correct but even with the dark threatening clouds no rain has fallen yet.
G-son has been lego constructing again this morning. I love how he creates his own ideas of things.
I cleaned house through the afternoon between checking out all his new inventions.
I need to do some sewing but just couldn't get in the mood this afternoon and I know better than to sit down at the sewing machine if I'm not in the mood to sew !!!
After son picked up g-son I went outside to pull some weeds and enjoy the  few rays of sunshine that had finally burned through all the cloudiness.
The temperature is going up with low 80's today even with the cloud cover.
On this dreary afternoon I thought it would be a good time to start my 8th volume blog book of the first 6 months of this year. I have never had trouble down loading on to booksmart before but today was a different story. After trying to load 6 months of blog post and photos twice I gave it up for the day. I may have to look for different options for printing a book.
After chores and a light supper I spent the evening back in the kitchen icing caramel and chocolate cakes.
As I let the dogs out for their late night potty break I looked up at this beautiful full blue moon. This full moon is called a "blue moon" because it is the third full moon in a season that has four full moons. This August full moon is also known as the full sturgeon moon, named this by early tribes because the large fish called sturgeon can be easily seen and caught by this month's full moon. Also called the full red moon because of the red around it caused by disturbances in the atmosphere.
By playing around with some different settings on my camera I got some pretty good shots of it.


God has blessed me richly and give Him all the glory for it each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Wonderful photos of a beautiful moon.