Tuesday, January 22, 2019

ANOTHER ICING EVENT EXPECTED

Another 15 degree morning, brrr. I decided to wait until I got back from taking RL to pre-school before I got my chores done. It takes so much longer to break ice and re-fill all the water pans.
I saw lots of ice on the sides of the roads on the way to school anywhere there had been standing water it was slick ice this morning.
I stopped by the PO on the way home then when I got here went straight out to get the morning feeding done. All the water pans were again froze solid and required re-filling with the warm water from the cooler.
Thankfully both wandering roosters that I forgot to shut up last night were okay this morning. I remembered I had forgotten to shut either of their nighttime houses for protection after I had gotten into bed last night and couldn't bring myself to get back out in the cold.  I worried about both of them as I remembered a nice wandering rooster I had a couple years ago who was snatched from his night time spot by a passing coyote.
I got all the feeding and watering done and came back inside to have breakfast. While IR and I ate hubbie went out to take care of the dogs.
We decided to go early and stop at the Amazon returns warehouse on the way to pick up RL. All we found today was another gate for our bedroom door so we don't have to shut the door and let it get cold in there.
We picked RL up and then stopped at Burger King for lunch. Both girls are acting out of sorts today and both had bouts of crying on the way home.
We were going to Fletcher to pick up feed but with the  girls ill tempers we came straight home. RL was asleep when we got here so hubbie sat with her and let her get an hour nap out while IR and I watched TV while I ate some lunch then we played in the playroom until RL woke up about 3:00.
The girls played well together this afternoon .


D-in-love brought EL home from school with her and both little girls were so glad to see her.
After a short play time d-in-love took EL to meet her mom who has a re-certification class all this week and d-in-love and RL went home.
Hubbie and I watched the news of another icing event overnight tonight !!
Hubbie went out to get his chores done and I rocked IR to sleep as her mom has a ballgame tonight and will be later picking her up.
I got a call from d-in-love saying g-son had gotten hurt at wrestling practice and probably needed to go to urgent care to get checked out.
She brought RL back up here. I layed IR on the couch and hubbie came inside to stay with the girls while I went out to get my chores done.
#1 son was here when I came back inside and stayed until daughter picked up IR then he took RL home also.
Hubbie and I snacked for supper and then rested for the evening. I am very tired tonight as I didn't sleep well last night and am going to bed early tonight.
It feels like snow outside tonight it is so still and quiet as it always is before a snowfall.  I wonder what we will wake up to in the morning.
Thank goodness g-son wasn't hurt badly just had a badly strained groin muscle.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

So happy that g-son wasn't hurt very badly. We got a bad snowstorm going on here in S.E. WI. Schools are cancelled for today and I am "snow-plowed" in. Will have to cancel my appointment at the bank. Stay safe and warm.