Wednesday, January 23, 2019

ICY ROADS CLOSE SCHOOLS

Got a phone call at 5:45am from daughter saying school was closed for the day because of icy roads.
We went back to sleep and enjoyed a lazy morning. It was an annual leave day so no one could work.
I waited until 9:00 to get outside as hubbie was out at 8:00 and had a hard time standing up on the icy ground.
There was still ice on all raised surfaces and the grass was still pretty slick when I went out but thankfully I didn't fall.
I got all the feeding done and got back inside safely thank goodness.
It is still raining lightly but the temperature is a balmy 34 degrees .
I had a leisurely breakfast then hubbie and I made a trip to Walmart and Ingles for baking supplies and a few groceries. It is a dreary misty foggy day.

We made it home in time for a late lunch and then I did my baking. I baked 3 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
Daughter brought IR here about 1:00 so she could get to basketball practice.
I did some house cleaning and the weekly paperwork while hubbie played with IR.
Daughter picked her up after practice and then hubbie and I did our evening chores. I'm glad we don't have to drive anywhere tonight as this pea soup fog has gotten thicker this evening.


There was 1/4 inch of rain in the gauge this evening and the heavier rains are supposed to move in to night and we are under a flood and high wind warning once again.
Talked to Tif and she had slid into the ditch this morning coming down Davis Mountain road on her way to work at 6am. Thankfully she didn't hurt her vehicle and #2 son was able to pull her out and they both got to work safely.
I spent the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Your day around there sounds like mine, except we had snow all day. Stupid plow left a huge deposit at the end of my driveway so i couldn't get out. Had to cancel an appointment due to that. Today is bitter cold with high winds coming in this afternoon. Stay safe and warm. Blessings