Wednesday, January 9, 2019

BACK TO WINTER WINDY DAY

Up to a regular busy morning and back to winter temperatures and a nasty wind this morning that will take your breath away.
I got chores done and took RL to pre-school.  Today is the only day this week that Deb, other g-ma will be picking her up as she is leaving on a cruise later tonight.
I came home and had my breakfast.  I have a list of "to dos" today some of which are behind since Monday.
I got my ironing done first then IR went down for a long nap giving hubbie some catch up time also to get the trash and recyclables all collected.
I went downstairs to get all the laundry that I washed yesterday put away. I am always sad when the last of the Christmas things are stored away since I enjoy this season so much.
I got that done just in time to have a light lunch and continue with my cleanse drinks. I have lost 2 pounds each day I have done this so that is great.
Hubbie and I cleaned house after lunch then I baked a couple pound cakes and a pan of brownies.
IR has spent most of the afternoon at one door or the other begging to go outside . She can't understand how cold and windy it is out there and only thinks about all the fun she had with all the other kids the last two days outside.

Hubbie and I took turns getting our chores done early and then headed out to the school for another wrestling match for g-son.
He is the wrestler that is 4th from the left in this picture. His team won a very close match today with Flat Rock by 1 pin. He didn't get to wrestle again today but that was okay since it was his weight class that decided who won the match.
We headed home after the match to get IR some supper. She is staying with us tonight until her mom's basketball game at Hendersonville is over since son-in-love wanted to go to this game.
She wouldn't eat any supper but she ate some peanut butter bread.
We took turns getting things shorted out tonight and ready for market and errand day tomorrow.
Daughter and son-in-love picked IR up about 9:00 and then hubbie and I finished our preparations and headed for an early bedtime as the wind has really gotten higher tonight. I hear things hitting the house as I sit here and type this blog post.
Looks like it might be an interesting weekend if this forecast holds true showing snow for Saturday and ice for Sunday. None of the weather folks are saying any amounts yet as it depends on the track of the storm.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

We had the bitter cold and high winds on Wednesday. Today is still bitter cold , but the sun is supposed to shine and the winds are much less. Glad to hear you are losing some weight on your cleanse. Blessings