Tuesday, January 29, 2019

"NO" SNOW SCHOOL CLOSED DAY and 1969 , 1979 and 1989 Memories

Got to sleep in once again as schools were closed today in anticipation of the snow that is coming. Daughter called at 5:45 to tell us that schools were closed so we went back to sleep.
I surely didn't expect to wake up a couple hours later to sun shining through the bedroom windows.
However when the morning sky looks like this you can expect some kind of falling weather in the near future.
I was also pleasantly surprised to find the morning temperature at 45 degrees and no ice on any water pans.
After chores I came inside to get IR some breakfast as daughter had just dropped her off. It is an optional workday so daughter is going in until the weather starts to get bad. D-in-love decided to take the day off .
D-in-love brought RL and g-son up here to play with IR about mid morning so she could do some school work on my computer .
These three were a joy to watch together this morning.



Daughter left school at lunch when the temperature started to drop quickly and it started to rain and sleet. She brought lunch in from Cook Out and the kids loved it.
Snow for our area never materialized and the sun came back out but some nearby areas got quite a bit of heavy we snow.

Shortly after they ate everyone went home and hubbie and I got the upstairs woodstove cleaned up, checked the stove pipe and got it ready to build fires in the next couple of cold nights.
Since I had to take down all the decorations around it I went ahead and changed the January snowmen out for February's Valentine décor.
I didn't get all the changes made before I went out to walk Rosie as she has been in her lot since earlier this morning when hubbie took her for a walk after taking her out of the basement.
Rosie has adapted very well in just a couple days and acts like she really likes us and being on our farm.
Just as we finished our walk Re dropped EL and BB off to stay while she attended a nursing class and a staff meeting before she begins working again this weekend.
BB helped hubbie outside for a while and then they came in for snacks and to get warm as the temperature is now in the 20's with wind blowing.
These 2 love to watch movies here.
Hubbie and I took turns getting the chores done this evening. I had to move the older rooster that I returned to the big hen lot from the small tractor last night because the younger rooster that was already in there beat him up pretty badly this morning. I found him crouched and bloody in a crack between the nesting boxes. Poor guy !!
I moved him into the empty Silkie lot for the day by himself to heal and this evening I put 3 of the older hens that had been in the small tractor with him back in the lot with him. I nailed the covering back over the opening in the box and put the last bag of paper shredding in there for them to help keep the warm .
While I was doing all this it took about 45 minutes and my face was hurting from the cold wind by the time I got back inside.
Aa came after EL and BB and then hubbie and I walked the dogs again and put them in the basement for the night.
We watched a NC State / Virginia basketball game which Virginia won in overtime by 2 points.
Hubbie built the first fire of the season in the upstairs stove tonight as the temperatures are supposed to get in the lower teens tonight and it is already 22 at 10:30.
Thankfully the temperature swings continue and we will be back to more early spring temps by next week.

To continue the decade pics for January back in 1969 I was a freshmen in high school and was a starter on the varsity basketball team. We were not very good back then but we surely redeemed ourselves in later years. This is some of my point totals that month as  Pryor.





Also I found a neat comparison as we just had our market annual meeting I found these treasurer reports from January 1979 and 1989 . My mom had saved all these reports from when she went to these meetings each year.

It is interesting to note that both the income and expense columns have more than doubled on this years report.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: