Monday, January 14, 2019

BUSY MONDAY AND WRESTLING MATCH

An early Monday morning this week even though schools are on a 2-hour delay. I got chores done and then headed over to meet daughter at her doctor's office for the important measuring ultrasound on baby #2 at 8:30.
D-in-love brought g-son and RL in just as I was leaving. Hubbie is taking g-son to school at 10:00 but RL is missing pre-school today as it isn't worth the drive across town after a 2-hour delay for her.
Daughter, son-in-love and IR were still in the waiting room when I arrived at the doctor's office.
The ultrasound confirmed a little girl and she is healthy and everything looks great with a June 8 due date.
Son-in-love left after the ultrasound and I stayed with daughter during the appointment.
IR and daughter patiently waiting for the doctor.
Everything was good and we left there and stopped by Aldi to pick up daughter and me a few groceries. Daughter had dropped her van off at Apple Tree Honda for an 8:30 oil change appointment and we went by to pick it up only to discover that it wasn't ready yet. We canceled the remainder of the service on the van because it was almost noon and daughter had a meeting at school at 12:30.
I don't know what is going on at Apple Tree Honda's service department but this is the exact reason hubbie now changes my oil because even with an appointment it took them 2-3 hours to change my oil and we always had at least one baby with us . When I first bought my Pilot from them in their old building they were better about getting things done in a timely manner but when they moved into their big new building the service has gotten gradually worse and worse so buyer be ware if you're looking for service on your honda from them .
Anyway we got her van and she took her groceries and I took IR and we headed home. IR slept all the way home for at least a short nap today.
When we got here the girls were so glad to see each other after the weekend.

I had a late salad for lunch and then got the weekly laundry started. I got 2 loads washed and 1 load dried before it was time to take turns with hubbie getting the chores done early.
G-son has a wrestling match today at Apple Valley against Hendersonville middle school.
D-in-love picked up RL to take her by home on the way and we met them and #1 son there.
G-son, in the middle, is looking at me during warm-ups when I was taking pictures.
It was 8th grader recognition tonight as this is their last regular season home match. There is a lot of 8th graders this year.
Apple Valley won the match that lasted longer than usual due to 2 different injured wrestlers ,one for each school. Pray these 2 young folks will be okay.
These 4 boys all are members of our church youth group and go to these opposing schools. We are all so very proud of these guys who are all fierce competitors but good friends off the mats.
G-son is 3rd one back.

Daughter came in and picked up IR after an early outing with her basketball team. 
Hubbie and I came home and finished chores by flashlight and then I finished the 3 loads of laundry for the week.
Thankful for the addition of another little member to our family and for all the other blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

I am so glad that all is well with your daughter and that her baby is doing well. i know what you mean about Honda dealers. Hubby and I both own a Honda and we stopped getting our vehicle serviced at the dealer due to poor service. I found a very good local repair place that takes excellent care of our cars. Blessings