Thursday, January 10, 2019

SLOW COLD MARKET DAY

Thursday morning are always hard and then add the solidly frozen water pans in all the hen lots and I was 15 minutes late getting RL to her pre-school and they were getting ready to lock the door.
I met hubbie and IR at the Curb Market and IR was refusing to take off her really warm lamb hat.

But I don't blame her as the wind is really blowing still this morning after a very windy night. I went out to get my security camera just before bedtime last night and when I heard the wind in the pine trees above the garden where the one huge tall pine tree is leaning toward our power lines I just knew we would lose power overnight when it fell.
I even left my bath water in the tub for flushing the toilet I was so sure .
But thankfully the tree is still standing this morning and the wind has died down some.
Connie, IR's other g-ma picked her up from market about 10:30.
Hubbie helped take down all the Christmas decorations around market.
He left to get his dump run done and pick up RL from pre-school. It will good for RL to get to spend the afternoon alone with hubbie.
I kept wondering why I was sitting at market today when I looked down all the empty aisles but I made $39 today which was $4 more than last Thursday !!!

I left an hour early when the heaters cut off and the cold quickly made it uncomfortable inside the old cement block uninsulated building.
I didn't have any regular errands to do so I stopped at Ingles and got some supplies for Sunday's lunch and then at the Co-Op to get some bulk cinnamon and a couple other things. I was disappointed they were out of my favorite beet salad.
I got home at 3:00 and found hubbie and RL putting this stroller together that we had bought before Christmas for the girls to haul their dolls around in.
 The little seat converts to a carrier and RL thought she was really being a good mama to this baby doll.
D-in-love picked up RL and then hubbie and I rode with daughter when she brought IR in from meeting Connie over to check out the progress on her house. She was disappointed at the amount of work that was done on the painting and we don't think anyone has worked the last 2 days for some reason.  The house is really going to look nice when they ever get it finished.
Daughter dropped hubbie , IR and me back off at our house and she went to basketball practice.
Hubbie had already got his chores done early so I did mine when we got back and then the three of us had supper. I have lost 7 pounds with the 3-day cleanse I did and now I just want to keep the loosing up for a few more pounds.
Thankfully I have completely lost my taste for sugar and carbs so I want to continue eating healthy with fresh vegetables as much as possible.
I feel much better without sugar in my diet.
All the news is talking about winter storm Gia and what she might bring to our area this weekend. Right now it looks like we will get a light snow and ice coating as most predictions are for the storm to take a more northern track. Hopefully this will be correct.


I am sleepy early tonight and looking forward to a nice warm bath and bed to crawl into.
The temps are suppose to be around 20 degrees again tonight after the high today didn't get out of the 30's.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night





1 comment:

linda m said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Hope the forecasters are right about the storm and you don't get hit bad. Have a blessed weekend.