Friday, January 18, 2019

WARM SUNNY FRIDAY

Up and out on a really foggy Friday morning. Got the chores done and headed out to take RL to pre-school. Fortunately the dense fog wasn't widespread and we shortly ran out of it.
I came back home and had my breakfast.  During each flu and cold season I take a tablespoon of my elderberry tincture before I go out to do the chores in the morning. Now I have decided to try the old health remedy of apple cider vinegar each morning because when I did the 3-day juice plan last week the morning drink had apple cider vinegar in it and I noticed an upswing in my energy levels on those 3 days. So as soon as I get back from my pre-school trip each morning I am going to start taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a teaspoon of honey in about 1/2 cup of warm water. This isn't a very strong mixture and although it burns a little it is pretty easy to swallow.
I had my breakfast and then I decided I would get my baking done early. I baked 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies. The weather is predicted to be rainy tomorrow so I don't think market will be very good. At least I have 1 order for a black walnut cake.
After the ovens were shut off I went outside to help hubbie and IR clean the limbs out of the yard from the ice storm last week.
This is a beautiful day and sure makes me want to rush spring time getting here.
Of course after the work was all done IR had to slide some .

She wore herself out and we went inside to have lunch and then she went immediately down for a nap. While she napped hubbie and I cleaned house . I was washing the living room bay window when she started whining so I sat down with her to get her nap out while hubbie finished collecting all the trash.
When he finished I handed a still sleeping IR off to him and she slept another hour while I worked.
She'll need it because tonight is going to be a late night for her.
Daughter picked IR up about 4:45 and hubbie and I went out to get chores done.   We moved the big chicken tractor from under the power lines again due to the predicted high winds coming.

We got back inside and had a light supper  before daughter and Kristin brought IR and Addie over to stay with us while they all went to the movies.
The girls had a blast while they were gone and it's fun to watch these 2 cousins play together.

I worked on some organizing in my office while they played in the play room and hubbie watched.
Daughter and Kristen picked them up about 10:45 and hubbie and I gather the cakes and got things ready for market before we went to bed.
I got a text today from d-in-love and g-son's wrestling season is over as his team lost the coin toss to get to go to the conference tournament.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: