Monday, January 28, 2019

ROSIE PLAYMATES AND 1949 and 1959 DECADE PICS

A teacher workday today made for a later morning for hubbie and I .
Daughter brought IR by about 8:00 and d-in-love dropped g-son and RL off around 8:30.
Hubbie fed them breakfast while I got chores done. It is another mid 20's morning but I'm not complaining because in a couple days I will be wishing for mid 20's !!!
I came back inside and had my breakfast and then got laundry started before both girls got their hats on and wanted to go outside to play with Rosie.

"Meow Meow" wanted to get some loving from the girls also.
Rosie could not have been happier about having 2 little playmates around and stuck with the girls everywhere they went .







I'm glad the weather was nice enough for us to get outside and enjoy it for a while today but the wind kicked up this afternoon and made us come inside.
They played inside the rest of the afternoon. G-son was lazy today and spent most of the time on the couch or in the kitchen eating . I got 3 loads of weekly laundry done.
D-in-love came in and stayed with the kids while hubbie and I got the big chicken tractor moved into a rest of the winter spot out from under the power lines and trees.
I moved all the other hens and rooster back into the big lot out of the small chicken tractor as they have eaten all the greens and they will be warmer in the big house with all the other hens.
We finished chores and d-in-love left .
Son-in-love came after IR at 6:45 and then I spent the evening going through my pictures for January decade pics. Since I am so late getting these on this month I will have to double up. 
Tonight the earliest ones I found was in January 1949. The first pic is my mom's sister, Mary Ruff with one of her calves.
 A post card from my cousin Winnie and her husband to our grandfather in January 1949.

In 1959 this is a picture of me and my brother standing out in the snow with our old woodshed in the background. I would have been 4 and my brother 2 on this date.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Your 1959 picture looks like it does at my house right now. The snow piles are chest high after yesterday and now the minus 55 windchill start. I told hubby last night I am buying a one-way ticket south.