Wednesday, January 16, 2019

BAKING WEDNESDAY

Brrrr, it's cold this morning at 24 degrees and the heavy frost looks like snow .
I got chores done and took RL to pre-school. The bridges over the interstate we crossed were white with frost and looked like they might be slick but thankfully we made it without any trouble. I stopped at Ingles on the way home for gas and some baking supplies for today.
I came home and had a quick breakfast of oatmeal and coffee and then went over to Markeeta's to get my hair cut.  She is always so accommodating when I call for an appointment and we always enjoy a nice visit.
I came home to find hubbie and IR outside walking the dogs and playing on the slides.
I started my baking. I baked 3 caramel,  2 chocolate  , 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies before shutting the ovens down and  hubbie , IR and I had lunch. I bought a half of turkey breast this morning on sale in Ingles and I had it cooked in the pressure pot to go with the rice and vegetables left over from yesterday. It was a good lunch and even IR thought so.
After we ate IR went down for a nap giving hubbie time to gather the trash and get things loaded for his weekly dump run and I worked on paperwork. I finished the 2018 business figures . I was actually surprised to be as good as they were in a couple areas so I can call it a successful 2018 year of business.
I also did weekly paperwork and paid bills.
IR woke up just as hubbie came back inside and we sat in the living room and relaxed and watched IR play with her "pop" book.

The days IR is here alone it is obvious how much she misses having her cousin RL here to play with.
To IR's delight RL came to visit for a little while so hubbie could put the car seat we had borrowed from Deb back in her car this afternoon.
Hubbie and I took turns getting the chores done this evening until daughter got here to pick up IR after her early practice.
Yesterday I moved the lone little female quail in with the pair of quails in the bigger cage so she would be warmer in the coming cold weather and tonight I was happy to see they have accepted her and they were all nestled together until the flash went off and they scattered.

I came inside and watched the news on the coming winter storm maned Harper who is bringing another shot of winter weather all across the country and bringing more rain to us this weekend.

 And ushering in the coldest temps of the season for the first of the week as we dip into the single digits Monday morning.
I spent the evening in the kitchen icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of our precious Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Brrrrr those temps look so cold. I am not looking forward to them. Blessings