Thursday, January 24, 2019

ANOTHER SLOW COLD MARKET DAY

Doesn't seem like Thursday morning already but we're up earlier and getting children fed , chores done, and loading for market. I dropped RL off at pre-school and met hubbie and IR at market.
As IR ran around the empty aisles both behind and in front of the counters she stopped and looked at me as if to ask what are we doing here ???   I couldn't really come up with a good answer thinking was it really worth sitting here all morning for the $29 I made.

Connie , other g-ma picked IR up about 11:00 to spend some time with her and hubbie went to the dump and brought us back a sub for lunch then helped replace some burned out light bulbs before he left market and made a stop at Sam's Club on the way home.
The cold wind got harder, blowing in the door right beside my table so I headed out about 30 minutes early. I went to the bank and PO and then made a stop at Aldi for groceries and baking supplies.
I made it home at 3:00 and hubbie helped me get unloaded and get things put away. He went out to get his part of the chores done before daughter dropped off IR on her way to her late basketball practice. I watched the news and played with IR after she got here until it was time for me to get my chores done. I try to wait until later , now about 5:30 to go out so that by the time I get everything fed and gather the eggs it is time to start shutting the hen house doors for the night. This way I don't have to come inside and take all my winter gear off and then put it back on to go back out and shut the doors.
It has gotten colder as the day went on and it is already below freezing this evening when I came inside. I dumped 1.05 inches of rain from the gauge from the overnight rain.  More winter temps and weather poised to come in again next week.

Also tomorrow and this weekend are below normal temps.
After all it is January !!!!!
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

We are bitter cold again here today with wind chills around minus 2o. Had a tiny bit of snow again yesterday with more to come this weekend. i am so ready to move to a warmer climate. Right now Hawaii sure is looking good. Haha Have a safe and warm weekend.