Friday, August 2, 2019

AFTER VACATION WORKDAY

Ahhhhh !!!!!   I always am amazed each time we go and come back how much better I sleep in my own bed in my own house.
I feel so much more rested this morning.
I got chores done then we made a trip to Lowes for a new toilet seat and then to Sam's Club for our weekly groceries.
I grabbed a quick BLT for lunch then started baking. I baked 18 caramel, 6 chocolate, 6 pound cakes and a pan of brownies. I was finished about 4:00 and my back was screaming so I sat down to watch the early news and rest.
Hubbie had worked outside all afternoon and tried to bush hog the lower pasture but got rained out after only a couple rounds.
The rain lasted off and on all evening but was a light rain that left only about 2/10ths in the gauge for  the day.
This Indian corn I planted has blown over a couple times and straightened back up and is now about 8 feet tall.

I started icing cakes as soon as chores were done and stayed in the kitchen all evening finally getting into bed about 1am with everything done.
IR finally got into the pool with her dad on this last day of their vacation.
And RL says good bye to the beach on a rainy last day of their vacation.


Thankful for the strength that God gives me to work like I did today and praying for traveling mercies for the rest of the family as they make their way home tonight and tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: