Friday, August 16, 2019

BUSY BAKING FRIDAY

Up to a different morning today as we have no kids coming today. Deb has g-son and RL and daughter is taking IR with her to the doctor this morning to CA's cardiology appointment. CA weighed in today at 8 lbs 13 ounces so we are hopeful she will at least reach 9 lbs before her surgery Wednesday.
I got chores done and had breakfast. Hubbie went outside to catch up his bush hogging in the upper pasture in the cool of the morning.
I had to get the canning equipment put away and clear off the counters for baking today. I always use the water in the water bath canners to water my porch plants.
I started my baking , I baked 12 caramel, 2 pound , 1 applesauce and a pan of brownies before I had a late lunch.

Hubbie had came in earlier and grabbed a handful of peanut butter crackers and went back out to get the lawn mowed as clouds had moved in and looked like they were going to bring some rain.
This wasn't a good way to start the mowing !!!!

He had to push the mower below the house to an electrical outlet so he could jump the dead battery off with a battery charger.
We didn't get any rain only a very hot 91 degree sunny day.
I spent the afternoon inside getting some clothes put away and doing some ironing .
I got chores done then I pulled these 3 Curshaws from the massive vines in the garden . I thought I was planting giant pumpkins but got these instead. There were several more on the vines but the worms had already invaded them so the chickens got a treat.

Clouds moved back in this evening but brought no rain for us. #1 son's family and Aa's family went to the corn field today and gathered corn and put up some frozen packs.
The kids loved playing in the field.





RL made sure the goats got their share of the corn shucks.

I spent a busy evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market tomorrow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and prayers going up for CA.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: