Monday, August 19, 2019

CORN PUTTIN UP MONDAY

Up to greet this long awaited week. On this Monday g-son and RL arrived early and after chores and breakfast  we decided to make one last trip to the park for bicycle riding before school starts next week.



It was another hot humid day so we didn't stay long. Daughter, Kristen and all the girls joined us.
We left the park and stopped by McDonalds drive thru  on the way home to get g-son some lunch as RL was already asleep.
We grabbed a quick lunch of left overs when we got home and then we were off once a gain to stop by the Honda place to pick up a socket to unlock my lug nuts so I could have a new set of tires I ordered put on my Pilot.
My appointment to have the tires replaced was at 2:00 at A-1 tire in Fletcher so we just barely made it after getting the correct socket at Apple Tree Honda.  I was pretty mad when I realized my socket was missing as I have only had my tires rotated at Apple Tree Honda so either some worker forgot to put the socket back in my glove box with the set it comes with or it wasn't in there to start with but Apple Tree Never made an offer to replace or even work with me on the price of a new one.
I hope I don't have to do any more business with them.
At A-1 I was very impressed with their service and price on the Michelin tires I ordered and we only were there about 45 minutes.
The Pilot drives so much better and smoother now with the new tires.
We stopped by Fletcher Feed since we were close by and brought home some chicken feed.
G-son and hubbie got it unloaded when we got home and then we watched it rain off and on for a while.
Thankfully the rain stopped just in time at 4:30 to head over to Re's house to meet her and Aa, #1 son and d-in-love and Ben and Kristen to get a bunch of corn put in the freezer. We shucked all the corn that was filling Re's Suburban. We had some great help keeping corn to everyone with these two.


 While the guys blanched and cut it off the cobs we ladies put it in bags and sealed it for the freezer.
We put up 117 bags with 3 cups per bag and had everything cleaned up by 10:00.  When several folks get together to help it makes the task go so much easier.
Hubbie and I had taken turns earlier in the evening getting our chores done so we came home took baths and hit the bed after a very busy day.
Thankful for the friends and family God has blessed me with and praying for CA as she travels to Charlotte in the morning for her pre-op .
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: