Monday, August 12, 2019

BUSY MONDAY

Well I feel the need to apologize to all my followers on here as I am behind once again in posting daily. Life lately has just overtaken me and I just cannot find time at the end of each day to  get a post up.  So now once again I am in catch up mode and thankful for the back dating tool on blogger.
On Monday morning both g-son and g-daughter RL arrived at 7:45 as d-in-love went back to a 5 day week to get ready for the start of the school year in a couple weeks.
I got chores done and we all had breakfast then decided we would make a trip to Carl Sandburg's goat farm one more time this summer.
Daughter brought IR, CA and Addie over to go along with us and we headed out .
The kids always enjoy the walk up to the farm and today we spotted this little Ring Neck snake along the trail.

I was very surprised at the difference in IR this time as she loved the goats and went around giving each one of them big or small a kiss. Last time at the beginning of summer when we were hear she didn't want much to do with the goats.






RL has always loved coming here to pet the goats.
 All the kids enjoyed the very friendly goat kids.







This time g-son made a quick friend and this goat kid wouldn't leave his side.
CA wasn't impressed but tolerated the hot day well.


We all got hot and sweaty and decided it was time to make our way back down the mountain. IR wanted to walk instead of ride in the stroller and held on to g-son's hand all the way as RL held on to Addie to keep from falling on the steeper parts of the trail.


Hubbie carried CA to save her the bumpy stroller ride by carrying her back down the mountain.
And this same large water snake that we had seen on our last visit was sunning himself in the same spot below the bridge as we left the park.

Back down at the cars we decided it was a good day to go cool off with a Pelican snowball so we headed over there for a treat. The kids love this place.

We left there and came home and daughter took IR and CA home for naps. We were thinking RL would go to sleep on the ride home but she didn't so her and hubbie went in the cool playroom to play while I got weekly laundry started.
Her playing didn't last long and she was at my heels everywhere I went ,wanting to help.

She sure misses her playmate , IR !!1
Her dad got off work early and picked her and g-son up.
I spiced the applesauce that has been cooking in the crockpot and had a couple bags for the freezer as well as a bowl in the frig to eat. It was a little tart from the early apples but good.

We got chores done and waited on a man that said he was coming to buy all the chickens I have advertised but he was a no show. I don't understand why people say they will for sure be here and then not call or anything.
Hubbie and I decided this would be a good time to try and get these ivy covered trees down that are hanging over the driveway. We worked for a couple hours but were successful in getting both of the ones down that were leaning over the drive.

As we cleaned up these trees I noticed my favorite Mimosa tree dying and this makes me very sad. We think it is just really old and has lived it's life expectancy out.

I came inside and then my evening work began as I had 4 quarts of green beans that we had picked and broke on Saturday evening to get canned and I finished filling the canner with 3 quarts of tomatoes from the boxes of tomatoes that are sitting on the table waiting for processing.

Whew this has been a full day but I have an accomplished feeling tonight as I finally put my head on my pillow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for CA's upcoming surgery.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: