Friday, August 23, 2019

BAKING FRIDAY and AUGUST 2009

IR heard my phone go off with the Ring camera as d-in-love drove through the yard bringing RL and g-son up for the day on her way to work.
IR called out RL's name and jumped out of the bed to see her cousin who she has been wanting to play with all week.
We all had breakfast and then I got chores done and came back inside. There was 2 inches of rain in the gauge this morning . It rained and stormed overnight and the rain sounded really heavy but I don't know how much it had already rained before that.
We made a trip over to daughter's house to take care of somethings for her then came back home and I started baking while hubbie and g-son played with the girls.
I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound cakes , 1 applesauce cake and a pan of brownies.  #1 son came in to pick up RL and g-son about the time I was taking the last cakes out of the ovens. He tried to get IR to go down to their house for a while to play with RL while hubbie and I got our chores done but she wouldn't go.
Hubbie and I took turns getting all our outside things done since it was pretty muddy for IR to be running around with us.
We all had supper and then hubbie and IR watched TV while I iced cakes for the rest of the evening.
It was a very late night for me and I ended up not getting into bed until about 1 am, whew !!!
Hubbie and IR went to bed about 9:30 and were soundly snoring by the time I got in bed.
Thankful that CA's recovery is still going well and they are even talking about sending her home maybe Monday if things continue as they are and no problems arise.
Since there are no pics for today I will finish out the August decade pics with these from 2009.
Bible school was the first week in August that year and I took g-son each day and stayed and helped in his class along with daughter who made it on several nights to help.




















We had a lot of cattle that year .





G-son's first fishing trip with his dad.

We enjoyed this little boy so much.


My Annie was always close by my side.
We had a new well drilled at the end of  August that year.

Praying tonight for blessings and no problems for CA and thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: