Saturday, August 10, 2019

BUSY MARKET DAY

Up on this Saturday market day to a rainy morning. I wondering where did this come from as the forecast didn't have us getting rain until later this afternoon.
I got chores done and we got things loaded and headed to market. Hubbie stopped by daughter's house to pick up her bread on his way.
Business was pretty good this morning and daughter's family all came by for a while to help with sales and let IR visit all her market friends.
I had a good sales day but not as good as some recent Saturdays.  It is getting close to a slow down in business as soon as schools begin to get started back.
I am very thankful for the business I have been blessed with this summer season.
Hubbie left market shortly after daughter and her family and he made our Sam's Club stop on his way home.
I left at closing time and was going to stop at Aldi but when I drove through the parking lot there wasn't a space empty so I opted to buy my things at Ingles.
While I was inside Ingles it came a heavy rain storm but by the time I checked out and left the sun was shining again.
I came home and hubbie said the heavy rain storm came through here also leaving 4/10ths inch in the rain gauge and these huge ivy covered limbs down below the house. They were so heavy hubbie had to use the tractor to pull them out of the driveway.

Hubbie and I unloaded and put things away then took a break while another rain shower passed our way.
The sun came back out and dried things off pretty quickly so we headed up to the garden to pick green beans. We picked all of them today to have some for lunch tomorrow and some to can on Monday. I also cut our first okra while we were in the garden.
I got the chores all done and then sat out in the covered patio to break the green beans and watch the sun go down.
We spent the evening relaxing and recharging.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for CA's upcoming surgery.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: