Friday, November 22, 2019

BUSY FRIDAY

Friday , yea !!!  And this Friday is  starting out differently and very restful for us. D-in-love is taking the day off work to help out at RL's pre-school with their Thanksgiving "feast" so she is taking g-son to school also.
If the old saying "red sky in the morning, sailers take warning" has any bearing we are gearing up for some rough weather as this sky this morning is beautiful.

Hubbie and I got chores done and had breakfast then we headed to Fletcher feed to get restocked on chicken feed.
As soon as we got the feed unloaded Re brought BB by to stay with us while she is going on a ladies retreat with d-in-love and a bunch of other ladies from church. BB enjoyed helping hubbie with all his outside work this morning. They got the round swing taken down for the winter.

BB told me he was keeping a good eye on Pawpaw as he climbed onto the roof to blow out the gutters one more time.
Then he got his turn at blowing the leaves .


While they worked outside I baked cakes. I baked 12 caramel, 3 pound, 1 applesauce, 1 blackberry wine and a pan of brownies.
We had a late lunch then while BB rested and watched TV insisting he did not need a nap but just needed to rest I took my turn outside working . I opened the greenhouse door this morning letting the 2 guineas that keep tearing down the netting over the Silkie lot and the injured rooster out.
I went in and cleaned out the green house and got it ready for the Silkies to be moved into it for the winter. 
By the time I finished this it was time for me to go pick up EL from school. She was all smiles when she saw me pull up to pick her up. We came home and after a snack she settled in with BB and pawpaw in front of the TV.
I went outside to look for the injured rooster that came out of the greenhouse but couldn't find him anywhere.
Hubbie and I took turns getting chores done and then I went back out to move the Silkies when they went into their house.
The 2 wayward guineas were in their house also and had already torn down the netting over the lot which I needed to remove for the winter anyway.
I got the 21 Silkies moved along with 1 big pullet that insist on staying with them into the green house and then came inside to heat up a pizza Re brought over for the kids supper.
I could hear Aa on the combine across the creek in the corn fields so I knew it would be later when he came to pick them up.
After they all left I spent the evening in the kitchen icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
It's going to be a rainy Saturday so have no idea how busy we will be.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: