Friday, November 8, 2019

FIRST FIRE AND 1989 SCOUT SHOW

Friday roles around once again seeming like I was just saying this yesterday !!!
I never get tired of these sparking sunrises each morning.

Got the kids fed and off to school. Made a stop at Ingles on the way home for some baking supplies for a couple large orders that have come in for tomorrow.
Our friends at the Stepp Orchard always have a thank you dinner for their workers and they always order 7-8 cakes from us to serve for dessert. Plus I have another 4 caramel cake order from another lady so this is going to be a busy baking day.
After we had grabbed a quick breakfast we cleaned house since we didn't get to do it last week.
I knew I shouldn't have mopped but the floors needed it badly even if now my elbow is aching again.
Hubbie went to daughter's to continue his fence work and I started baking. I baked 18 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and a pan of brownies. By the time I finished these I knew my elbow wasn't going to hold up to icing 18 caramel cakes so I called daughter in to help. The girls were sleeping so I got chores done a little early and then I watched and helped daughter ice 12 of the caramel cakes while hubbie entertained the girls and son-in-love brought supper in.
I was very thankful for the help and especially when she left and I iced the 6 that were left and ended up with a throbbing painful elbow just from that many caramel and the 3 chocolates.
I got everything finished and packed up for tomorrow.
Hubbie built our first wood stove fire of the season tonight as the temperature is already 30 degrees at bedtime probably headed for the mid 20's and a hard freeze overnight.
To continue the decade pics for this month back in November of 1989 hubbie was the cub master of our troop and I was a district administrator . We had a scout show each year a the agricultural center in Fletcher and each pack set up a themed booth.
I am in the yellow shirt in front of our booth.
Again in this pic I am watching over the activities in the booth.
Hubbie is helping the boys with something in this pic.
#2 son ended up placing 2nd in the "soapbox derby" race that year. He is receiving his trophy in this pic.
Another scout from our troop also placed in the race and is pictures here with #2 son who is in the orange "tiger" shirt.
Those were some great memories in scouting adventures. Unfortunately both our boys were forces to choose between athletics or scouting and they both choose athletics and didn't go on into boy scouts but we sure had fun in cub scouts.
This has been another awesomely blessed day and I am very grateful.
God Bless and Good Night






No comments: