Friday, November 1, 2019

VINTAGE FESTIVAL

Another week comes to an end. This morning as the Ring camera caught hubbie and g-son as they walked to hubbie's truck on their way to school at 7:30 I printed this picture off so I could see how much difference daylight savings time ending makes next week.

I took RL to preschool while hubbie stayed here and kept IR and CA while daughter had an early morning dermatologist appointment.
I came straight home and had breakfast  then daughter, CA and I went over to the vintage festival at the ag center. It was soooo cold and windy over there where a lot of the booths were inside tents. They had everything you could ever want in these booths.


I like to look around the old things such as this old gas can as they bring back such happy memories for me. This gas can was exactly like the one my dad always carried to the fields with us to refuel the tractor and truck. Who knows maybe this old can used to be my dad's.
We shopped for about 3 hours looking at all the things  that were offered for sale. I only bought some Christmas gifts and a couple scarves for myself. Daughter found several things for her house .
We came home about 1:30 and had a late lunch. 
#1 son had gotten sent home from work because there was a major power outage and the shop he works in had no power as well as most of the entire town.
He picked up RL and dropped her off to go hunting. These three girls are going to be a force to deal with in a few years.
 They sure love each other.
After all the kids left I baked cakes, 6 caramel, 3 pound and 1 applesauce cakes and a pan of brownies.
It was choretime by the time I got the last ones out of the ovens. After chores I spent the evening in the kitchen icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
My right elbow has suddenly swelled up and feels very warm and is hurting pretty badly this evening I guess form all the stirring and icing.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: