Monday, November 25, 2019

CRAZY BUSY BAKING DAY

Today is going to be a very busy day since tomorrow is the only Tuesday market day for me and daughter and I have a lot of orders.
Hubbie has his annual physical bloodwork draw this morning so he dropped g-son at school and headed to Asheville.
RL and I got ready and headed for her pre-school. I had not shut up the chickens last night knowing I would be late with the chores this morning.
There was a very heavy frost this morning in the mid 20's temps.

On my way home from dropping her off I stopped by the Co-op for some candied ginger and by Ingles to pick up some baking supplies .
Hubbie was home when I got here and helped me get late chores done and then I got laundry started,
There wasn't time to start my baking before picking up RL so I put away laundry.
The repairs hubbie did to my washing machine have been working until today and after trying to get the first load to spin twice I gave up and hung them up on the outside clothes line thankful that today is a warm sunny day.
While I was trying to get the washer to spin hubbie went alone to pick up RL and they came back for lunch while I got my baking started.
I tried another load of laundry on a different cycle and ended up putting this in the dryer after only a short spin and it took all afternoon to dry them.
I baked 12 caramel cakes, 2 chocolate, 5 pound cakes, 1 applesauce and 1 blackberry wine cake.
I took them out of the ovens just as hubbie got a call from his dermatologist with some bad news.
The call informed him that the spot he had taken off his upper back was a melanoma cancer and that he needed to have a chest x-ray and blood test immediately to determine the extent of the cancer and then they would choose a date to have the surgery to do a deeper cut and hope the cancer wasn't any deeper.
This could certainly change our cruise plans if the blood test or x-ray that are scheduled for Wednesday show anything.
This is very scary news for us.  I went through similar news and surgery several years ago but I didn't have blood test or x-rays but my melanoma was on my arm and his is on his back so maybe that makes a difference.
Anyway after a short time of gut wrenching we both got back to work with our regular work day.
I had to get weekly paperwork done and pay bills early this week since Thursday is Thanksgiving and tomorrow will be my errand day.
I got chores done then spent this Monday night in the kitchen icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Daughter was having some issues trying to finish her baking with CA wanting to be carried and IR snitching bran muffins from an order she had made.



I was sure glad to get into bed but my head seemed to cease up and I found myself not being able to breath through my nose at all so sleep was not easy to come.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying that it is God's will for  hubbie to have a good outcome with his melanoma.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: