Wednesday, November 13, 2019

OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD BOXES READY TO GO

A really eye opening cold morning today at 13 degrees. The water pans were all solidly frozen and I had forgotten how much longer ice breaking takes.
I barely got RL to pre-school in time.
Hubbie rode with me and we went into the new Publix grocery store that opened last year for the first time. Neither one of us was very impressed with the prices and if it wasn't BOGO the prices were significantly higher than the grocery prices on our side of town but we have Walmart on our side !!
We left there and made a stop at our favorite thrift shop, the Humane Society shop where we found very little except for a couple snow sleds that the kids will put to good use this winter hopefully.
We made it to the Verizon store just as they opened and lucked up to be one of the first customers to be waited on. Hubbie has had his old flip phone for 10 years and come this January his old phone will no longer work so he had to get a new phone today. He chose another tough little flip phone like he had and I also had to update my MIFI card that I use when our DSL goes out here at home.
We got this done with time to stop at Staples for printer ink for the market computer and my computer here at home that has been out of ink for months.
Hubbie went over to get a haircut when we got home and I got my baking started. I baked 6 caramel, 3 pound cakes and 1 applesauce cake plus a pan of brownies.
Hubbie went to finish the fence at daughters this afternoon after his haircut.
I worked on finishing my Operation Christmas Child boxes.

I have no idea who is changing the contents of these boxes , but now I actually feel sorry for the kids that receive them. This year they have said that no candy of any kind is allowed which I think stinks for the kids. We could always put candy canes and hard candy in them before. Also one of the other items that was banned now is toothpaste ???  You can still give toothbrushes but what good is a toothbrush without the toothpaste ???  These new changes kind of took the fun out of it for me this year, seems the powers that be are exercising more and more control according to their beliefs and charging more and more per box for delivery which is up to $9 per box this year.
IR came home with hubbie this afternoon and she colored the afternoon away and enjoyed watching the Disney channel that just came out.
Daughter came by to pick her up just as I was headed out to get chores done.
The water pans hadn't thawed much all day so I had to break the ice again for them to get a drink before they settled in for the night.
I came inside and did weekly paperwork and then spent the evening in the kitchen icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: