Saturday, November 23, 2019

RAINY SATURDAY MARKET DAY

Pouring rain pounding the metal roof woke me up this morning. As I got dressed I hoped for a break in the heavy downpour to get chores done this morning and thankfully we got one just long enough for hubbie to load the cars and for me to get all the animals fed.
We headed out to market on time and drove through another spell of pouring rain all the way there.
Daughter came in right behind us and we all got set up.
A couple of son-in-love's brothers came by and helped us get things carried in through the rain, thanks Ben and Jason.
Daughter and the girls left shortly to get down to her inlaws house in Green Creek to have their Thanksgiving dinner early today.
Hubbie stayed all day to help today since the rain fell steadily all day and I had too many racks with mine and daughters to haul home.
We both came straight home with loaded vehicles and unloaded and got things put away.
Hubbie made a trip back to Sam's Club while I rested as I am coughing more today and don't feel very good this afternoon.
I just cozied up with a nice warm blanket and watched the rain fall outside the living room window while he was gone.
We both rested until choretime and then put on our rain gear which hasn't gotten much use lately and headed out.
There was already 1.6 inches of rain in the gauge and it is still raining pretty steady.
I found the injured rooster and out him in the empty Silkie lot so he can continue his healing from the attack of big red the dominate rooster of the farm. These 2 got along for a long time but you never know when things between roosters will get nasty and this older rooster got the worst end of it this time.
The 2 younger wayward guineas seem to have co-habituated with the older group of guineas today so that is what I was hoping for.
I got back inside and took my spot back under the blanket for the evening.
The weather predictions for the next week continue to be up and down.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying that whatever I have will be short lived and I feel better soon.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.

6 comments:

Angela said...

I've missed your posts, hope all is well with you and your family. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I too have missed your postings. Your faith and love of family is very encouraging. I will add you to my prayer list as it is not like you to be absent so I am putting you and yours in God's loving care Your sister in Christ Patty from FL

Anonymous said...

I am anxiously awaiting your next post and hope all is well with you and your family. Merry Christmas! stephanie from Barnardsville, also an owner of a Bat Cave Stove

Nursejoan said...


I have missed your postings. Your faith and love of family is very encouraging. Prayers lifted to you & your family.

Angela said...

I am just checking in to see if everything is ok. I have followed your blog for years and your long absence is concerning. If anyone knows anything please let us, the faithful followers know. Thank you and God Bless.

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

So worried about you. Prayers going up things are ok.