Saturday, November 30, 2019

WE ARE OUT AT SEA

We all stayed in the same hotel room so IR slept with hubbie and I and CA slept with daughter and son-in-love so the girls were up early giving us plenty of time to get ready for our day.
I'm excited but also very apprehensive as this is hubbie and my first cruise.  We started talking about doing this with daughter and her family last spring but when CA came along with her heart problems I thought it wouldn't happen.  After CA's surgery and talking with the doctor who said she would be perfectly fine to do anything any other baby could do we decided to check for any rooms left on this particular ship as some of son-in-love's family were cruising and already all had their reservations.
At first the travel agent said there were rooms but she couldn't give us numbers or locations. We were afraid of this set up and didn't want to make the long drive to Cape Canaveral, Fl to be disappointed especially since it was our first trip. Daughter and son-in-love have cruised several times.
As time got closer to actually paying for the cruise rooms began to open up and we were both able to get rooms with a balcony just down the hall from one another on the 9th deck so we signed up.
We had a very nice continental breakfast at the hotel before we were transported to the port from our hotel. It was a scary ride as our driver was bobbing in and out of heavy traffic all the way there.
My apprehension increased when the huge cruise ship came into view and as I looked across the at Addie, son-in-love's niece and saw her crying out of fear of her first cruise also I knew exactly how she felt.
After the driver dropped us and our luggage off and the luggage check folks started shouting and herding us around hubbie and I were separated from everyone. My apprehension quickly turned to anger as there was certainly no compassion for first time cruisers who didn't know what line to be in or where to stand. I need crutches to use at night when I go to the bathroom so I had these strapped to my luggage and that seemed to present a huge problem to the luggage scanning folks ????
Anyway by the time we were linked back up with daughter and the rest of our companions I had lost my apprehension and as Addie and I together stepped from the dock onto the cruise ship all I felt was relief that I was on the ship.
We went up to the 10th floor and had lunch while our rooms were getting ready. The all you can eat buffet was really nice.
We got our things into our rooms and then went up on the top deck to watch us leave the port. I wasn't sure how land vanishing from my sight would make me feel and I would be lying if I said it didn't make me feel pretty helpless but I knew the Lord was in control.





We went to get ready for dinner and these 2 seemed like they didn't know any difference on land or sea.
When  we started getting ready for dinner I started feeling the movement of the ship and as we went down to the 4th deck and sat down for dinner I noticed the chandeliers were swinging. I started feeling very queasy and before my dinner arrived I excused myself and headed back to the room to lay down in hopes of not starting to throw up.
Thankfully it worked and if I layed on my back perfectly still the sick feeling subsided even enough to eat some fruit that hubbie and daughter brought up to me after they finished their dinner.
I stayed in the room the rest of the evening hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Praying for a safe trip.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: