Thursday, March 19, 2020

BEAUTIFUL FIRST DAY OF SPRING

Up to a very foggy morning today.

I was awaken last night at some time by the sound of a heavy rain hitting the metal roof but didn't look at the clock.
We got chores done and had breakfast this morning then daughter brought the girls over to stay with me while she and hubbie went to take the swing set down at the house of the friend that is giving it to her.
I also had another customer needing eggs badly so they met her on their way to get her eggs to her.
They didn't think they would get the set all down and loaded before lunch time but son-in-love got off work and went over to help and they got it all down and loaded.
IR and CA spent the morning playing quietly with the dollhouse.




It was all fun and good until IR took some things away from CA and then this happened.
CA has only one defense right now to get her older cousin and sister's attention and she has learned very quickly that it works very well in getting them to leave her alone !!!!  I could count exactly how many teeth CA has on IR's arm !!!!
Hubbie and daughter stopped by school to pick up lunches for all the kids and dropped EL and BB's off on the way home. D-in-love and RL came up here to eat together and let all the girls play .
It is getting so warm outside it is nice to see them running around the yard.
Hubbie rode to Asheville with daughter this afternoon to pick up our first "CSA" fresh vegetable boxes to help a local farmer who usually sells all his produce to area restaurants. With the rules now that shut restaurants down to dining in he lost 75% of his business so he elected to sell directly to the public. We were very pleased with our box and the amount and quality of the produce. 
We got a large bag of fresh spinach, a bag of mixed salad greens, a bag of baby bok choi, a bunch of green garlic and a bunch of radishes for $25.
This price may be higher than you would pay in the store but the freshness and local aspect make it worth it to me.
After they got back with the produce hubbie went over to daughter's to unload the swingset.
While he was gone I waked around the farm enjoying the new spring growth and beautiful blooming spring flowers.
Peach blossoms...….
 Crown Vetch...…..
 Violets...…..
 Woods Hyacinths

The green grass and cattle grazing in the upper pasture was a relaxing sight today.
I got chores done then worked the soil in my raised beds to get then ready for planting tomorrow hopefully.  I love my audience !!

We stayed outside until completely dark tonight enjoying the nice temperatures.
 This is a perfect welcome for Spring this year as she comes in a couple days early.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for the Lord's protective arms around my family during this virus outbreak.

God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Glad you are all still healthy and enjoying the nice weather. I remember when my son was CA's age and started biting. I bit him back once (not hard at all) and he never bit anyone again after that. I know that wasn't appropriate on my side but it sure worked. Stay healthy and have a nice weekend. Love the pictures of your flowers.