Sunday, March 29, 2020

RESTFUL SUNDAY AND 2010 MEMORIES

Another lazy Sunday morning feels good. I put a turkey from our freezer in the oven before I went out to get chores done.
After chores we had breakfast then fixed coconut rice, green beans, corn and biscuits to go with the turkey for lunch.
Daughter's family and #2 son and Tif had lunch with us today.
After they all left hubbie and I spent a very lazy Sunday afternoon just relaxing after a pretty busy week.
I took the turkey bones and added some onion and celery and some herbs in the crockpot filled with water to make some turkey broth for the freezer.
There was a beautiful sunset this evening to end a very restful thankful day.

I need to continue the decade series with March 2000. This was a very busy month enjoying this little boy and the first warm days to get outside and play and explore.


 When Bernie one of our four-legged kids hopped in g-son's jeep and rode around with him I remember making the comment that there would never be another Bernie and I know that is true.
The governor of North Carolina ,Bev Perdue, visited the Curb Market that month and bought one of my little girls jean aprons.
Hubbie and I bought hay from a neighbor to finish the season out.
We had quite a few cattle back then.
That was the month I found the dishes I use now at an estate sale.
Also that month I cleaned and organized my sewing shop.
We also had a pretty deep snow that month.

My four-legged kids back then Bernie and Dolly.
My three grown kids.....
Thankful for the memories of happier times tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of the day and praying for the Lord to protect us from this Covid-19 virus that continues to ravage our country.
God Bless and Good Night












No comments: