Monday, March 23, 2020

RAINY DAY OF LAUNDRY AND CLEANING

Woke to pouring rain this morning. Hubbie headed over to daughter's to stay with the girls while daughter took his truck and went to Tractor Supply for chick starter and shavings for my expected hatching chicks starting this weekend.
Listening to the pouring rain I stayed in the warm bed waiting for it to slack some before I had to get out and get chores done.
Daughter also made an early stop at Ingles and called me to shop along with her on the things they did have. She said they seemed to be restocking some things pretty well.
I got chores done in a light rain thankfully and got back inside and had laundry started before hubbie got home. We got things all put away and then hubbie worked in his shop while I cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets in between getting 3 loads of laundry done.
It was a pretty boring day around here with the rain off and on keeping us inside.
It is pretty cool outside also and cool and wet aren't my idea of fun !!!
Daughter had picked us up a bag of discounted over ripe bananas this morning so I sliced all of them and froze them separately on baking sheets. Once they are solidly frozen I will put them in freezer bags for snacks. I love these when I have a sweet craving or I use them in smoothies.

Later this afternoon Aa and Re also made a trip to another grocery across town and picked us up a couple things daughter didn't find this morning.
BB is feeling some better of his stomach trouble so everyone is getting along okay today thankfully.
These 2 got in a little bit of swinging between showers this afternoon.
G-son is also feeling better but still isn't crazy about on-line school work.
By chore time this evening the rain had stopped leaving 1" in the rain gauge for the day. We are expecting more heavier rain tomorrow .
After chores hubbie and I snacked for supper and then relaxed for the evening.
Another covid-19 virus isolation day in the books. The governor announced today that schools will remain closed at least until May 15 and once again stressed folks to stay at home if at all possible. The second case of the virus was confirmed today in our county.
Thankfully hubbie and I can shelter in place as they are saying with all the kids so willing to bring us anything we need.  We feel very loved and are appreciative of all the kids.
Praying that all of us stay healthy and very thankful for the blessings the Lord sends us each day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Hubby and I are staying in as much as possible. Do have to make store runs for groceries tho. Still can't find toilet paper anywhere. May have to resort to drastic measures such as paper towels or Kleenix if i don't find some soon. Haha Stay safe and healthy