Sunday, March 8, 2020

SPRING LIKE SUNDAY

Up to get chores done and get to church this morning. There is a very heavy frost this morning with the early morning temp being in the mid 20's again. My poor winter garden greens are sad looking this morning.

We have an extra duty today in watching after EL at church as her mom worked last night and BB is still a little under the weather and Aa needs to stay home with him. EL wanted to come to church so d-in-love picked her up for Sunday school and she is coming to sit with us and coming home with us after church.
We are having a corned beef brisket for lunch today along with mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, sour dough bread and candied carrots.
#1 son's family, #2 son and Tif. daughter's family and Aa and the kids all made it to lunch.
Everyone had a nice visit and enjoyed the lunch.
After everyone left hubbie and I changed clothes and met daughter's family at Fletcher park to have our weekly walk and let IR play on the playground awhile. The wind is really unexpectedly cool so we didn't stay long.
Hubbie and I came home and got warm and both took a nap on this first day of daylight savings time.
We got chores done and then I walked around my yard and enjoyed all the spring color that is starting to show off.
My favorite daffodils are starting to bloom.....
Along with the Hyacinths that smell so wonderful.....
The forsythia blossoms are starting to appear.
These white daffodils are taking over the blooming turn in this patch as the yellow slowly fade away.
My iris seem to be much farther along than normal also.
As I shut all the chickens up for the night and headed inside I noticed I almost missed this colorful sunset.
And in the other direction is this beautiful full moon making the night almost as light as day.
Can't believe my cell phone took this great of a picture this late in the evening.
Thankful for all the blessings of this Sunday.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

Love seeing the flowers blooming.