Saturday, March 28, 2020

POTATO PLANTING DAY

Got to sleep in today as there is nothing on our menu for early today.
I got chores done and then had breakfast of scrambled eggs and spinach.
I went outside in the beautiful sunny warm, another mid 80's temperature day. Hubbie was getting ready to put the big round swing back up for the season so I helped with that and then got to enjoy the first swings in it as I enjoyed this beautiful day.


I was watching these little hula dancers on this Box Elder Maple tree above the swing put on a performance in the breeze that was blowing.

This is just a gorgeous spring day.
RL wanted to come up and check out the new chicks.

After hubbie and I ate lunch we went to work in the garden to get our potatoes planted as this is the first day the moon signs calendar says is suitable for root crops. I layed off the rows, hubbie tilled, I dug the rows out with a hoe, hubbie crawled and planted the potatoes and I covered them up. 


We also got turnips and kale planted today.
We had to get the garden fence put back up as some of the onions and peas are coming up that we planted last week.
We came inside and had a cold drink and rested until chore time.
After chores we walked down to the mail box for our mail and then sat in the outside patio to watch the sun kiss the day good-bye.
Thankful for a wonderful day of following the stay home orders and praying for all the folks who have this terrible virus right now.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

My state is under a lockdown until April 24. Hope the Gov changes hs mind before then and lifts the ban. The virus is mostly in just 2 big cities. Shopping has been a pain with all the empty shelves. At least some of the grocery stores offer special times just for seniors. Sure was nice. Looks like you have been very busy with your garden. Keeping all my friends in my prayers.