Saturday, March 7, 2020

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME BEGINS

Surprised by sunshine streaming in through the bedroom windows when I woke up this morning.
It is 27 degrees and very windy this morning but the sun sure looks good.

I got chores done and got ready for market.
Market was really slow as expected. Son-in-love came in and met daughter and the girls there also.
Sales picked up a little and I am very grateful for all I did sell.
Hubbie left with daughter's family and I stayed until market closed.
I stopped at Ingles for cabbage to go with the brisket we are having for lunch tomorrow on my way home.
We got things unloaded and hubbie and I spent the still cold and windy afternoon watching some basketball games.
I got chores done and found this little girl snuck under a shelf with 5 Silkie eggs under her so I put her in an enclosed brooder box and added a couple green eggs to her stash and made her happy that she could keep all her eggs.

I wasn't expecting any of the Silkie hens to start setting yet. In the last couple years that I have been wintering the Silkies in the old green house none of the hens have made an attempt at setting until I moved them back into their regular lot. But this girl had her mind made up to set. She tried a couple weeks ago and I kept getting the eggs out from under her because she was sitting on the regular nest where all the hens lay their eggs. I guess she was outsmarting me when she snuck out to a hidden spot and talked some of her friends into laying their eggs there also. I guess she deserves to try and hatch some chicks after all her effort. Hopefully the weather won't get really cold anymore.
It has been a really relaxed evening and we have just watched more basketball and rested tonight.
A good rest day before the time change tonight where we set the clocks up and hour and loose an hour of sleep. This week is shaping up to be a challenging one !!!!

The "wash your hands" comment is because of the coronavirus that is spreading around the world right now.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: