Friday, June 19, 2020

BUSY FRIDAY

Got to sleep in a little this morning and it was much needed as hubbie had siatic pain really bad and kept both of us awake tossing and turning trying to get in a position that didn't hurt.
The sun burned off an early fog and it feels more like summer today.



We got chores done then had breakfast .
We headed out to the Curb market to get some paperwork done and make a deposit.  The chairman of the board was there plus another ex-board member. We discussed how to make up the $4000 loss of income this year from having no apple festival parking since the festival street fair is closed.
I gave them my ideas so we will see what happens.
Hubbie and I left there and stopped by our bank to make a deposit for daughter and then another bank with the market deposit.
We met daughter and the girls and stopped by a couple fresh produce stands. Pickings at these markets are really slim right now and we only got some cucumbers and tomatoes.
We stopped at Ingles and hubbie sat in the car with all the girls while daughter went inside to have buy some balloons blown up for IR's party tomorrow while I drove over to the gas station and filled up my Honda.
We came home and had a late lunch while daughter went to her house to feed the girls and then bake birthday cakes.
After hubbie and I ate we cleaned house and then he went up to make a sled under the new chicken tractor so we can move it around.
I mopped the floors and then they let me know my Aldi order was ready for pick-up. Hubbie went with me and this was a real dream way to get groceries, especially if you're like me and don't like to shop .
They brought my order right out to my car and loaded it up for me without me ever getting out of my car. They were out of only one item and substituted only one item so I was very pleased with it over all. I will definitely being doing this again.
We came home and put groceries away then went out to get chores done.
I changed the light bulb in the brooder box on the chicks and guinea keets that came from the incubator from the 100 watt bulb to a 60 watt bulb since the temperature is moderating and getting back to normal summer levels.  And the report on the silkie that inherited the layer hens' eggs and chicks is good as she has them drinking water and eating feed. Still only 2 chicks and 4 unhatched eggs.
We also worked in the garden before a sprinkle of rain ran us inside. Thankfully we don't have to buy any more potatoes !!!  Our red potatoes are nice and hubbie pulled up some volunteer Kennebecs from last fall and stuck them in a bucket and the white potatoes are the harvest from them.
Now I really wish the guineas hadn't eaten all my snap peas cause I'm craving new potatoes and peas.
We are thankful for a really nice growing garden this year so far. We were going to put paper feed bags down between the rows to keep the weeds out but as we hoed weeds today we decided to wait because with the extra gardening time we've had this year the weeds are under control so far.
Daughter has been busy all afternoon baking cakes and putting them together for IR's birthday. This is the beginning of her "Frozen" birthday cake.
Daughter is very good at cake decorating.
Hubbie and I relaxed this evening.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: