Friday, June 12, 2020

MORE GUINEAS HATCHING AND HERB DRYING RESTOCK

This Friday morning is another beautiful sunny warm morning.

I got chores done and as I peeped in on the red silkie who is setting on 13 guinea eggs and has been unpredictable and wild all during her 28 or so days of setting I was surprised by 2 little heads that peeked out at me. Well at least she will have something to mother for all her setting time.
Back inside I had breakfast.
And then this Friday feels more like the normal Fridays of many years past as I gathered some baking materials and set about baking caramel, chocolate and pound cakes.
I have a couple customers who need cakes and I am baking all of them today.
Today is a lonely day for us as both #1 son and his family are going to the lake and camping this weekend and daughter and her family are going to help celebrate son-in-love's niece who is graduating high school tomorrow in a drive thru ceremony in Davie county, NC.
This little cutie looks ready to go.

Hubbie is going to cut another dead limb off the mimosa tree that is hanging over the driveway.
I finished my baking and then hubbie came in for a quick lunch.
He went back to his tree cutting and I went to restock my drying rack downstairs with fresh herbs.
I cut more of the oregano, sage, mountain mint and stevia and also added lots of lemon balm that is growing out into the walkway at the back door.
I also added some chives this time. I don't know if they will be okay dried or not but I have tried freezing them and that didn't work well so who knows how they will dry.
The rack is definitely filled to capacity this time around.
I will be looking for lots of things to do with lemon balm this season. Last year I made some great hand moisturizer and I always use it to repel insects.
I also got the sweet potato slips planted in this bath tub where my radishes were after we moved it out in the sun.
I noticed this afternoon that the guinea hen is off her nest down in the pasture and has been with the male guineas in the back yard all afternoon. I checked on the nest and something had gotten all her eggs. Must have been a snake because there weren't any broken shells left in the nest.
Hubbie and I both worked in the garden awhile this evening and I watered all my flowers around the house.
We got chores done and then had a quick supper.
I spent another familiar Friday evening tonight icing cakes and getting 3 caramel cakes ready for delivery tomorrow. The rest will go in the fridge until Tuesday.
I was very tired tonight and felt like I was back in the regular routine but am thankful that this is not an everyday thing right now.
When things do start back up I will have to work into it slowly and get built back up.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and thankful for the traveling mercies for the kids today as they traveled to their weekend destinations.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: