Wednesday, June 10, 2020

RAINY WEDNESDAY

Hoping these clouds bring more rain than the 1/10th inch we have in the gauge this morning.

After getting chores done and having a quick breakfast hubbie went with me out to the Curb Market to get some paperwork done and make a bank deposit.
The chairman of the board was there and talked about how slow market has been.
I can't blame folks for not getting out because we aren't going anywhere or doing anything in public for safety from this virus that is getting worse everyday.
I got all the work done there and made stops at the bank and mailed an advertising bill on our way out of town.
We stopped at a local produce stand and were fortunately the only customers there and still wore our mask.
They didn't have any more of the corn we have been buying as he said the farmer in Georgia that was growing it got flooded out by Christobal the tropical storm that came ashore in the gulf over the weekend.
We came home and moved the chick brooder out of the basement to the front porch. The dust was getting too bad to leave them in the basement any longer and we won't have to move them in and out on the porch. They will be more apt to get critters trying to get to them out here but I have a camera set up so maybe it would wake us up or scare the critters away.
The rain has started lightly so we had lunch to wait and see what it was going to do.
After we ate hubbie worked on gathering recyclables and trash and I worked on getting the herbs I have been drying in jars.

I am pleased with the first collection of the season.

My hands smelled so wonderful after I finished this but my back muscles told me I had sat in one position too long !!
It seems strange not to have any of the kids around today but RL's other g-ma is with her today while d-in-love works again. Daughter is at home with IR and CA and is keeping EL and BB while Re attends a meeting at her work this afternoon.

Hubbie and I cooked a nice supper tonight of fried chicken thighs, roasted sweet potato and rutabagers and fresh green beans.
We got chores done and settled in for the evening.
It has rained lightly on and off all day only leaving 3/10ths inch in the gauge but we are hoping for some more rain overnight as the cold front moves through our area.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: