Tuesday, June 30, 2020

GOOD BYE JUNE

This last day of June started out cloudy but we didn't get any rain overnight so we are still very dry.
I got chores done and then discovered the chicks in the make shift card board box brooder had some how got water out of the waterer and soaked about half the shavings in the box.
Hubbie went up to the barn and got another box to put the chicks in while I emptied the regular box and put dry shavings in it. I put the water up on a flat piece of board in hopes that no more water would escape from it. We couldn't figure out how it happened because there was so much of it.
After we got everything dried and cleaned up I had breakfast.
A customer came after her cake order and then hubbie and I went to Dollar General to pick up some eggs and a few other things we needed before meeting another cake customer with her order.
We came home and had lunch. I went up to the garden and gathered some fresh lettuce and carrots for my salad. I am happy to still be getting this delicious tender lettuce from the later varieties I planted.
After we ate lunch we walked down to d-in-love's to watch the girls swim.

Thunder cut their fun short today and we all went inside sure it was going to storm any minute. These two played on the front porch for a while.
Daughter drove us home just in case the rain started but we didn't get any and the we watched the storm pass to the south of our area once again. Maybe it will be our turn later.
Hubbie went up to work on stringing up tomatoes and I stayed inside to change the furniture covers and get out my patriotic decor for the month of July. 
I did one load of wash and got all the decorations out and the covers changed except the bed and I will get that done tomorrow.
I ate a light supper and then went out to get chores done. After chores I walked around the yard once again clipping down some unwanted weeds and vines.
I decided to pick the bush beans that were ready tonight just in case the rains might come tomorrow.
I picked almost 1/2 bushel of the bush beans to make dilly beans from.
And I also picked these purple beans from the vines I planted and excited to see what these beans taste like at lunch tomorrow. These are from some heirloom seed that I have idea where it even came from but from all I have read about these beans I can't wait to try them.
I came inside just as darkness fell and I am tired tonight from the activities of the day.
As this month passes it has been another once in a lifetime experience of dodging this world wide pandemic and staying home all we can, doing curbside pick-up for groceries and meeting cake customers one at a time with orders.
Our garden looks really good as we have had more time to spend working in it this year with 4 days each week not being taken up with cake baking and market selling.
As hubbie and I settle into this new life style we are liking it more and more. He said the other day he guessed this is what real retirement is supposed to be like.
We have some big projects to tackle and hope to get to at least one of them in July.
In June we bought and put together a new chicken tractor as we strive to get more chicks so we can have our own meat birds.
This has been a pretty laid back month and we have just enjoyed the kids and taken it easy getting used to a new routine of keeping RL each Monday and getting to see all of them each day.
We celebrated 4 birthdays this month as Tif, hubbie, RL and Aa all got a year older. We also celebrated father's day and #2 son and Tif's first anniversary this month.
The weather has been cooler than normal on a lot of days and either too wet of dry most of the month .
 The lack of decade pics this month is due to problems down loading photos onto my computer. Hopefully I can solve this issue and get them into a post all their own shortly.
All in all it has been a good month and we thank our Lord above for His graciousness each day and His protective arms that we are wrapped in every second of every day.
Thankful for all the blessings of this month and looking forward to what God has in store for us next month.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

God's continued blessings on you and your family.