Saturday, June 6, 2020

HOT WORKDAY SATURDAY

A relaxing Saturday morning today with nothing pressing on the agenda felt good. We got chores done and thankfully the silkie hen was still setting on the guinea eggs and the 3 chicks and their mama were happy to be out on the ground and have much more room to move around.
I had breakfast then EL and BB came to stay while their mom ran to the post office.
After they left hubbie decided to take down one of the dead limbs on the mimosa tree that has provided a shady lower yard for years and is now slowly dying. This limb was totally dead and hanging over the driveway so it needed to be taken down.

While he did that I took the weed slinger down the driveway and cut down all the poke weed and other large weeds that were starting to take over the banks.
It is upper 80's again today and I got over heated quickly swinging the weed slinger.
I came back to the house and got a cool drink and sat down to cool off before lunchtime.
Hubbie came in and we ate lunch before I went back out and helped him clean up all the branches from the driveway.
It was ahot job but we got it done and then took a nice break to rest.
I went up to the garden and pulled a big bowl full of Kale to fix some for supper and a bag to freeze. The kale has done very well this year and is still very tasty.

Hubbie sprayed the entire garden this evening with organic sprays to try and keep the bugs at bay and get rid of the fungus that is creeping in on the potatoes and peppers.
We need rain badly but the showers passed us by today.
I watered some of my suffering potted plants tonight.
We got chores done and I got the brooder box that I moved the chicks out of last night cleaned out and shut up for next time.
Hubbie grilled a couple steaks for our supper to go along with the fresh kale I put in the pressure pot.
Leslie the market manager called this afternoon concerned with some guys that showed up with automatic weapons to join the protest today in downtown. She said they had scared away all the customers and the vendors at market had all left.
Thankfully there was no trouble at the march where about 350 people showed up to march.
Not a good Saturday afternoon for businesses downtown.
I relaxed out in the covered patio with my sidekick this evening.
And we saw the first lightening bugs of the season tonight.
With the hot temps and sunshine it was a perfect pool play day for all the kids who enjoyed their own pools today.



Thankful for the blessings of this day and the strength that hubbie and I are blessed with.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: