Monday, June 1, 2020

HELLO JUNE

Hello June as you come in with a beautiful sunny but cool morning.
I got chores done and then watered all the raised beds.
The beets, rutabagas and carrots in these beds are doing great and we are harvesting some already.
The radishes are too shaded in this location so they have not done well at all. We are planning on moving the tub soon into a more sunny location.
The new tomato plants in this tub are looking good.
And so are my herbs, tomato and pepper plants in these containers.

The blueberries are prolific this year.
This is our June 1st garden this year.
I harvested more spinach today for the freezer and for use this week.
The rains almost did my lettuce in but there is a few leaves for salads this week. We are still getting onions and plenty of kale from our early garden. I am disappointed with my turnips that I planted in the garden because they are wormy, guess I'll need to move them to a raised bed also next year.
I came in the house as daughter arrived with IR and CA as well as Addie to stay her all day while she goes to work to finish the graduation programs.
RL came in a little later so d-in-love could get her end of the year online work done.
The girls enjoyed each other today.
 It's nice to have Addie to help them with their games on the devices.
We all had lunch then we all went outside to play for a while and get some vitamin D.
When we came back inside Addie rocked CA to sleep for her afternoon nap.
We ate cupcakes and RL and IR helped me with laundry.
I got the 3 loads of weekly laundry done today between playing with the girls.
The move to keep the new brooder box full of new chicks to the basement was a good idea as they were fine last night and we set the box just outside the basement door this morning and didn't need a light bulb for heat until the shade came in later afternoon.
Daughter came in with a bad headache so she stayed here until son-in-love got home. I fed the girls supper and then they went home.
Hubbie got the lawn mowed this afternoon and then we got all the chores done.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night










1 comment:

linda m said...

I can't believe how you garden is growing. The only thing growing around here is the lawn. I have to mow it twice a week. Love the pictures of the girls. Take care and stay healthy. Blessings