Sunday, June 7, 2020

FAMILY FILLED SUNDAY

Up to welcome IR and CA this morning while their parents went out to the school to run before the heat sets in for the day.
IR helped me with chores while CA stayed inside with hubbie.

IR and I fed all the chickens and then watered the raised beds before we came inside.
We had a easy meal today of spaghetti , salad and garlic toast.
#1 son's family , daughter's family and Aa and the kids joined us for lunch today. #2 son and Tif are tubing and having an early birthday celebration for Tif today and Re worked last night so she is sleeping.
Two out of three waited patiently for their spaghetti !!

After everyone left hubbie and I cleaned up the kitchen and then while hubbie watched a race on TV and napped I went up and to the garden and trimmed the basil for the first time this season and also cut one bunch each of spearmint and peppermint from the pots in the back yard on the way back to the basement. I hung these in bunches to see if they will dry faster than the herbs I cut last time and put between paper towels in containers on the rack which are not completely dry yet.
I hung a bug guard from a baby swing around these to keep the dust off them.
Hubbie and I got chores done a little early this evening so we could get a fire going and get ready for all the kids to come back for smores tonight.
It was a very warm night after the 90 degree day and the fire was almost too hot to be fun but everyone enjoyed smores on the fire and hotdogs on the grill and the kids had a great time running and playing together.



 IR,CA  and I just like to swig and watch the fire.
It was a really nice evening and everyone had a great time.
Hubbie and I cleaned up and then we relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings on this different but wonderful Sunday.
God Bless and Good Night