Friday, June 5, 2020

GRADUATION DAY 2020

Up to another morning with an agenda to get the day started. It was cloudy for awhile but the sun came out and made for a hot morning.
We got chores done and had a quick breakfast then we caught 2 of the Silkie chicks that were the first hatch of this season, a black one and a white one to deliver to a customer and grabbed 4 dozen eggs for another customer to meet at the same location this morning at 10:30.
After everything was delivered we stopped by daughter's house on the way home and checked out IR and CA's new pool.
Addie was there also and they looked like they were having fun in the new pool.



Hubbie and I came home for lunch and then we cleaned the house.
I mopped us out the back door and we walked down to d-in-love's where all the kids were gathered now playing in the pool there.
We watched them play for a little while then we headed back up here when daughter left to get home to get ready for graduation this evening. Son-in-love and his mom are talking care of the girls while daughter is gone.
All the graduates had to drive through and only they were allowed to get out of their cars to receive their diplomas and then there was a backdrop for photos that could be made from your car.


The teachers were all stationed along the route to wave and congratulate the seniors.

And of course it rained and everyone got wet . This is daughter and a fellow teacher sharing an umbrella after the tent they were under blew over.
A very different but very memorable graduation ceremony for this year's senior class.
Hubbie and I watched the rain as we got 3/10ths of an inch today and then we went up to work in the garden.
We got our green bean trellis up as the beans are starting to put out runners.
I also noticed this bright spot in the yard as these day lilies are showing off right now.
I crossed my fingers and moved the flighty silkie hen who has been setting on 13 guinea eggs for almost 4 weeks now from the silkie house to a brooder box. This hen is the one who flew out of the first brooder box I set her up in and the only way I could get her to set back on the eggs was put them in a nest in the Silkie house. She has sat devoutly on the nest for 25 days now so with hatching time getting closer she had to be moved into a brooder box for the eggs to hatch. As I lifted her and the eggs into the brooder box she got off them and I was racking my brain for any ideas for the eggs but she got back on the eggs and settled down.
The box I put her in is the darkest box I have so I am not even going to open the door to check her until I hear peeping of chicks so maybe she won't spook and leave the eggs.
I also moved the 3rd hatched chicks and their mama hen to the old guinea house and lot with the remaining 3 silkie chicks and the 1 Araucana rooster from the first hatch of the season.
This has been a pretty strange year for setting silkie as not many of the hens have shown any sign of broodiness.
It was a good year to invest in an incubator and I already have 8 of the latest guinea eggs in it and will add tomorrow's big hen eggs to it on day 21.
Hubbie and I spent a restful evening in the cool house as we turned our air conditioning on for the first time this season today.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: