Monday, June 29, 2020

LITTLE GIRLS AND BABY CHICKS

The start to another week this morning was beautiful with the clouds and sun fighting a battle in the skies.
RL was here early when her mom went to work and was excited about the baby chicks chirping in the box.
I got chores done and had breakfast then a customer picked up 4 cakes.
RL helped me get the weekly laundry gathered and a load going .
Daughter brought IR and CA over to play with RL and both RL and IR had to hold baby chicks . CA just wanted to pinch them !!

I got 3 loads of laundry done between taking care of all the wants of these girls while daughter did some online work done.
D-in-love came in from work and then they all went home.
Hubbie and I watched the early news then went out to get chores done. After chores I walked around the yard trimming and cutting down some unwanted vines and weeds. As I worked I enjoyed all the pretty blooms that are popping out even in our very dry, hot weather right now.
I noticed this big dark orange day lily and have no idea how it got here but I'm glad it did.
 I love this pastel colored Glad that just started to bloom.
 All the different colors of Butterfly bushes are blooming right now making the butterflys and bees very happy.




 The wild mountain Rhododendron I planted in the bed above the house is blooming now.
 This ornamental holly bush is putting out these little green flowers this year that I have never noticed it doing before.
 And these Geraniums are doing so well on the back steps.

Hopefully we are going to get some rain soon because out garden and all the plants are suffering pretty badly in the heat right now.
It was in the upper 80's today and very humid outside.
I felt like I sweated a gallon or so this evening while I was working in the year.
Hubbie sprayed the garden with the organic fungicide he uses to try and keep the extreme weather conditions we have had so far this gardening year from causing diseases to affect the vegetables.
I pulled weeds for the chickens then we called it a night.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Your yard is so pretty with all the flowers. We finally had some much needed rain yesterday. The temps here are in the mid to high 80's and very high humidity. Feels like southern Louisiana here in WI. Blessings