Thursday, September 3, 2020

BEAR VISITS

 Woke to a sunny already getting unseasonably hot morning. We tied the record for yesterday's high at 91 and today is suppose to be even hotter, where did our Fall weather go ???                                              I got chores done then came inside to have breakfast with IR and CA.  I had oatmeal and they had waffles as usual.   After we finished eating we loaded up all the dirty rugs and headed out to the laundry to put them in a washer . While they washed we road around and let CA get a good nap . The washers only take 24 minutes and they were stopped by the time we returned at what I thought was only 22 minutes.  I brought all the wet rugs home and hung them out on the line to dry in today's beautiful but hot weather.      We came inside to have lunch and then I did some house cleaning. Hubbie took the girls to meet daughter at Kristen's beauty shop to get their hair cut and I took advantage and vacuumed and changed out all the furniture covers in the living room for the month.                                                          When they came back IR said she didn't need a haircut and wouldn't even go inside the shop but CA at least got her front hair cut back out of her eyes.                                                                                              I had advertises the older laying hens last night and have been bombarded with texts and calls today, guess I sold them to cheap but anyway the first called this morning said they wanted all of them and are coming at 4:30 to pick them up. I have some cake deliveries to make at 4:00 and my curbside pick-up Walmart order is supposed to be ready between 4:00-5:00, lets just get everything done at once !!!!           I left here at 3:30 hoping to meet with early customers and hoping my Walmart order might be ready early. I went by my regular meeting place for customers and there was one already there so that was good. As she left I got a message that my Walmart order was ready and it was 3:45 and I was only 5 minutes from Walmart so I headed over there to pick it up. Thankfully I was the only one there and they brought the order right out.  Back to cake deliveries and they were all there waiting for me and it was still a little before 4:00 so that all worked out for a change.   I hurried home to meet the lady coming after the chickens.                                                                                                                                           Thankfully both daughter and d-in-love were still here when the buyer came as she didn't offer to help catch the hens and rooster. Daughter, d-in-love and I corralled all the 10 hens and 2 roosters and boxed them up and put them in the back of her suv.                                                                                                    These hens are finished with their 3rd laying season and aren't laying any eggs right now so it was time for them to go and by selling the araucana rooster I can empty another tractor and make more room for the meat roosters I am growing out.                                                                                                                         


After she left I got a load of furniture cover laundry going and then carried all the clean rugs inside off the line and found another entire basket of dirty rugs that I will need to go back to the laundry tomorrow and wash.
Just as I started up to get chores done hubbie called and said be careful there was a bear in our front yard.  Low and behold there was this mid sized black bear just wondering around and when I yelled at him to get away he just walked over to this large oak tree in and slowly climbed up it looking at me as to say "you don't scare me lady" !!!
This tree is just across the yard behind my Beauty Berry bushes.

The tree is a Chestnut Oak and has small acorns on it so he was climbing around eating the acorns seemingly oblivious to all the people watching him from our yard as #1 son's family and Re and the kids came over to get a close look at the bear. EL thought it was the cutest thing she had ever seen.


Meow Meow was terrified and stayed frozen in this position for over an hour just watching the bear climb around in the tree.
Hubbie stayed on the porch and watched to make sure the bear didn't come down while I cleaned out the hen house where I sold the hens today and then moved the 3 hens that were in the camper cover tractor with the big black rooster back into the upper hen lot here to see if they will stay in the lot this time.  The reason I moved them into the camper tractor was that they kept flying out of the lot.
Tomorrow hopefully I can get things moved around and then give an update on all the chickens.
Hubbie and I came inside and rested after a long busy day. 
As of 10:00, our bedtime the bear is still in the tree.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Wow, a bear in your yard! Glad he didn't have bad intentions and was just eating acorns. Hope he went away. Keep safe.