Sunday, September 13, 2020

RESTFUL SUNDAY

 We got woke up several times overnight by pouring rain so I expected the bottom pastures to be flooded this morning but they weren't and there was only 1.5 inches of rain in the gauge so I guess the downpours must have been quick and I didn't notice the time between them.                                               I got chores done and then came inside to have breakfast and get some hot dog chili going in the crock pot. We have a small lunch bunch today so we are just going to have a few hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill.                                                                                                                                                          #1 son's family and daughter and the girls were the only ones who made it today.                                       We ate and then everyone went their rainy Sunday afternoon way.  Hubbie and I rested all afternoon either inside while it was misting rain or outside when the sun finally broke through for a little while later this afternoon.  There are  a few signs of Fall around as I looked down over the road and saw the Golden Rod blooms along the road bank.                                                                                                                       


                       

  I got evening chores done and then put away some laundry and now back to resting.                                     Thankful for a rainy day as I watch the news tonight and see the pictures of all the burned out towns and houses out in Oregon, Washington and California .                                                                                          




My prayers go out to all these folks out there that are having to run from these fires and I also pray for all the firefighters that are battling these fires ,may they all be kept safe by the grace of our almighty God. 

Thankful for all my blessings today.                                                                                                                  God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

After a week of rain we finally got a break rom it on Sunday. We even saw the sun peek out. It truly is so sad about all the fires out West. I also pray for all involved.