Wednesday, September 2, 2020

TOMATO ROASTING DAY

 Second day of September and another very foggy morning.

All 3 girls were here this morning and happily playing in the playroom while I got chores done.  We all had breakfast and then we loaded up with snacks packed by Aunt A in their newly found lunch boxes and off we went to get our weekly errands done. IR fell last night at home and has a big pump knot under that bandaide on her head.
  

                                                                                                 
First stop was dropping some bills in the PO box and then we had to stop and let the girls look at a flock of turkeys along the road that goes to the dump / recycle center.  We also stopped at Sav Mor for some things I couldn't get in any of my curb side pick ups this week. I don't mind this store at all because there are very few customers in there and everyone has a mask on.                                               We came home just in time for lunch and the girls played while we ate then they ate good lunches.        After we finished eating we headed outside for some play time and popsicles.

                           

We are loving this battery operated difusser that I keep citronella oil in as it is keeping all the mosquitoes at bay while the girls play.
We came back inside when the girls got tired and I put these Roma tomatoes in the oven to roast.
I let these roast for about 3 hours at 250 degrees and they were so good with only olive oil and salt on them.

They tasted very good and now these pans were set in the freezer to freeze the tomatoes so I can bag them and they can won't all stick together.
After daughter came to pick the girls up I followed her home to watch her make caramel icing to see what she did wrong a couple days ago when the icing was only enough for 4 cakes instead of 6.
I didn't see anything she did wrong and today she iced 6 cakes with a little left over so we have no idea what happened the first time she made it.
She is selling caramel cakes at our friends produce stand along with her sour dough bread.
I came home and got chores done then cleaned out the 2 chick brooder boxes I emptied yesterday. The chicks are all doing fine together but they are really jumpy each time I open the door to put feed and water in there for them.
The 2 mamas acted like they were very happy to be back in the silkie lot running around with all their friends.
I came inside and iced 6 caramel cakes of my own and then rested.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Those roasted tomatoes sure look good. Blessings