Thursday, July 29, 2010

BLACKBERRY TIME

Busy market day today and still very hot inside market as evidenced by us as we wilt as the day goes by. I could hardly muster the energy to load my van this afternoon.
After errands and a couple Avon deliveries I was glad to get home and unloaded so I could crash for a while and re-energize (if that's possible at my age !!)
After a supper of all fresh veggies followed by fresh blackberry cobbler I was as energized as I'm gonna get.
A friend and co-worker of daughter's brought her 2 dish pans filled with blackberries today.
They were really ripe and very tasty. She is going to use some in her blackberry breads for market and we will have to freeze the rest tonight because they'll not last until tomorrow.
Hubbie and I went to work at church after evening chores and when we got home daughter was making her breads so her boyfriend helped me bag the rest of the berries and get them ready for the freezer, we had 10 quart bags along with 4 stained hands.
She will get more earlier in the week next week so we will have time to make jam.

Looked for the baby woodpecker this morning but there was no sign of him,maybe he figured out how to use his wings during the night and flew to safety.

Thanking God for providing us with wonderful fresh food to store up for the cold winter months ahead.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Isn't it great when every thing we need comes right to our door?!

NCmountainwoman said...

This terrible weather seems to have been great for the blackberries. So sweet and juicy. I grab a handful every time I pass the fridge.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

OH YUM.... I love sweet blackberries.... We bought some at Walmart ---and guess what???? NO FLAVOR at all... I love the wild ones you can go out and pick. Yum!!!!

Bet your cobbler is delicious... And --I'd love some Blackberry bread..... Your daughter is turning into her mama, isn't she????? SO talented!!!!

I do hope the little woodpecker was able to fly to safety and wasn't hurt by another critter.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy