Friday, July 2, 2010


Hubbie called early and said son went down at 6 am to prep for his surgery. He was really nervous,but they told him they would have him in "lala" land in no time.Had a busy morning ,baking and icing cakes ,forgot to eat breakfast,had a salad about 11:00 wondering why I was so hungry,duh !
Hubbie called and said the surgery was taking longer than the 4 hours they had predicted because of the massive amount of damage they found when they got in there.
Finished icing about 1:00 and headed up to work at church.
Got a call from hubbie on my way saying they just finished the surgery,it was successful,he had to have a blood transfusion,and would be in recovery for at least an hour.
After I got back from church, I changed clothes and headed on over to the hospital.
Hubbie was leaving when I got here and son was just getting settled down.
They have him on a morphine drip,at a really high dose and he is doing a lot of sleeping.The doctor that did the surgery came and examined his foot and said he was pleased with how things went down there,only time will tell now.He said this surgery was certainly challenging. He said he would have to have re-hab and months of recovery. We already knew that !!!His leg is normal color and feels really warm to the touch for the first time in over 3 weeks.
He is drinking everything in sight, says he feels like he's been in the dessert all day.
I have made 2 trips down to the cafeteria for gaterade and juice along with water they are bringing him.
It is 7:30 now and we just had a nice talk , so maybe he is coming out of the fog more and more.
Already the nurse noticed the swelling in his foot has decreased and she could feel the pulse.
Daughter just sent me a picture of #2 son's new purchase. He has been looking everywhere for a basset hound puppy,he has his whole yard fenced and has been ready for a puppy for several weeks. In this weeks Iwanna paper there was an ad for 2 lemon colored pups which was what he wanted. I called to see if they still had them before I even called son. They had already sold both of them but had a pup that they were going to keep because it looked just like "Flash" from the Dukes of Hazzard tv show. Just last night they had decided to sell him if anyone wanted him because they needed money more than another dog. And the best part was that they were located in Mars Hill about 45 minutes from us. I called #2 son and told him what I had found out. He said call them back and tell them he would take the puppy, if they would hold it for him until he got off work and could get there. The price was significantly lower than any we have seen.
He wanted daugther to go with him to get it to navigate my directions.
In the picture he looked happy with the pup,looked like a match made in Heaven.It was to late when I stopped by to see it tonight on my way home from the hospital to get pictures of the cute little thing. It is 8 weeks old,fat as a butter ball and wants to be a lap dog all the time. G-son and hubbie were at #2 son's house waiting for me and that puppy loved to play with g-son.
I came home to finish my icing. It is 12:30 and I'm just finishing up and boy am I ready for bed.
Thanking God tonight for answered prayers and asking for His healing touch on son's leg.
Good Night and God Bless.


Gail said...

A new sweet puppy and continuing good news of healing...can't beat that news.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Gads--what an ordeal your son has had... I hope that this is close to the end and that he will soon be working on the healing part....

God Bless All of you... Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.


NCmountainwoman said...

I am thrilled that the surgery was successful. I will continue to pray for your son's recovery and for you and all the family.