Sunday, July 4, 2010


Got to church service this morning for the first time since son's accident. Went to church last week but had nursery duty so today was a treat. For an hour I concentrated on God and took a break from the worries of son's recovery. Our church family is so wonderful and supportive,I'm so proud to be a part of this church.
I went to the garden when we got home and picked a mess of green beans,I've been craving green beans and mine are finally full enough to pick.
#2 son came and ate with us,daughter went to the hospital right after Sunday School. D-in-love's family is having their annual 4th BBQ so she's there.
I took the new hens the the rinds from our watermelon dessert and they were very thankful. I already have them spoiled to left overs,when I walk by they run to the fence looking for a handout.
#2 son is heading out to Petsmart to get supplies for Flash,his new pup.

Hubbie was laughing at all the toys and Carolina Blue bedding that he bought,he said kids are expensive. Like I said last night that little dog don't know how lucky he is!!!
G-son loves him also.....

I'm sure it won't be long before he has his own basset hound.
I came to the hospital at 4 to relieve daughter. Son has not been too co-operative today but when I got here they were taking out the catheter. Not long before the doctor came in and asked if it was out. He said they would start getting him up tomorrow,he said his foot looked really good.
It is pretty much up to his determination now, depends on how fast he wants to get better,how much he is willing to push himself. They just brought him supper and he won't even look at it,that's not a good sign,I'm sure they are reporting his food intake back to his doctors,not to mention the fact that he needs to eat for energy!
He had visitors tonight and wouldn't wake up to talk to them. Maybe God can reach down and shake him to make him realize he's not going to get better just laying there on pain meds.
I left him alone for a while before hubbie gets here,maybe that will get him thinking !!
I put him in God's hands weeks ago and now will trust God to do his will with him.
I spent the evening watering plants when I got home,it's 9:30 and I just got inside after putting dogs and chickens up for the night.
Hubbie has been catching opossoms in a live trap in his workshop,he caught another one last night,so I definitely don't want them in my hen house.
Once several years ago when I had a lot of chickens,an opossom got in their house while they were up on the roost pole and chewed several legs off the hens ( guess that's the part he could reach). That was a pitiful sight, the hens did not understand why they couldn't walk.
I'm sitting here listening to all the fireworks going off all around. The county has a big display at a nearby public park,we can't see them from our house but sure can hear them.
We used to take our kids there when they were small,until it got sooooo crowded you couldn't enjoy them.I like the pictures,you can see the beauty without all the noise !!!!!
After watching the news tonight I am headed for an early bedtime. Hubbie is spending the night at the hospital tonight as he doesn't have to work tomorrow. D-in-love does have to work so g-son will be here early in the morning.
Thanking God for another day filled with blessings and another day closer to son's recovery.
Good Night and God Bless.


Gail said...

He is getting up. That is great, they will encourage him to move and sometimes moving gets every thing else in place.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

I'm sure your son will snap out of his mood --and realize that the ball is in his court now. He has been through alot... Give him some time.

Glad you had a good day. We have possoms around here too --and skunks. Last night, the kids nearby throwing firecrackers must have 'spooked' a skunk.. He let out the worst smell I have smelled in awhile. PE-OU....

Flash is a cutie... Bet grandson will talk his Dad into getting him one also!!!! ha