Friday, July 9, 2010

STUCK IN THE KITCHEN FRIDAY

Today has been a blur, viewed for me from my kitchen window !! 2 large cake orders and several small ones kept me in the kitchen almost all day.
Beginning at 10 am as hubbie left to sit with son and g-son at their house today I started baking. Stopping at 3 pm to run into town to pick up a wheelchair,crutches and a shower seat for son at the medical supply closet before they closed at 4 pm. I ran by the bank to make a transfer , picked up hubbie's bush hog parts from the farm equipment place,dropped off son's things at his house,he was asleep, then headed home and back to the kitchen.
Stopping again at 7 pm to go with hubbie to finish work at church then back to icing cakes as soon as we got back home. It is 11:45 now and whew I'm finished!!!
I had to lay down on the couch for a few minutes just now to ease my back pain,it was hurting all the way through to my ribcage.
Hubbie sat with son all day, son didn't have a very good day. He was in a lot of pain this morning and then early afternoon the home wound care nurse came to change all his dressings, so that made for a painful afternoon. This evening d-in-love said he is doing much better. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for him. Everyday gets him closer to walking again and being pain free again.
Looking forward to bath and bed tonight for sure.
Thanking God for allowing me to have the strength and health to work like I did today.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I am a little worried about you, Marilyn. Do you have to keep going at the pace you are going now? I know that cakes are your business ---but aren't you to the place where something in your life has to GIVE???

Maybe you just need a couple of days AWAY from everything and everyone ---to rest and recharge your batteries... With all that you have gone through recently, you just need a break to get yourself healthy again...

God Bless You.
Hugs,
Betsy