Friday, July 23, 2010

THE BUTTERFLY BUSH

Ever wonder why things are called what they are? This is one thing that definitely lives up to its name. The Butterfly Bush !!!!
My moment of normalcy in an otherwise hectic, harried day.
#1 son and g-son were here today,son's pain is increasing daily as the swelling continues to subside in his leg. Wound care and physical therapy were here today,the nurse called his doctor and had him call in some phenergrine (have no idea how that is spelled) for his upset stomach.
A couple of his friends came by today and brought me 2 bags full of corn. So you know what I'll be into tomorrow evening !!
G-son went with his aunt T to sis-in-law's pool for an afternoon of swimming on this very hot 95 degree day.
Son went with his dad to take the washing machine to a nearby metal yard and then he went to see one of his friends,to ride with him to check on their hunting spot.
While they were all gone I finished my baking and took my camera and wandered around outside for a few minutes. I also captured this wren coming out of the same little house where there was a bunch of wrens fledged from just recently.
Judging from the fecal sac it's official we have a second family of wrens in there.

After everyone left this evening hubbie and I went to finish work at church,there were several people setting up the stage for the Bible School musical Sunday night. Our church always goes all out for Bible School. I will be the assistant teacher in G-son's class.

Actually took time for a quite cup of coffee and a conversation with hubbie before getting back to icing and wrapping cakes.
Praying tonight for God's intervention into son's life.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear that your son is still in such pain... I had a horrible time with those pain meds---and they made me very sick at my stomach... Hope he can get some help... I know he's so so tired of all of this...

Your pictures are great. Love the flowers and the butterflies... And that little wren is so cute...

Hope you have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

NCmountainwoman said...

What a gorgeous series of photographs. Glad you found a moment of peace and quiet.