Friday, November 12, 2010

BUSY FRIDAY

Up early to begin a busy,busy day. After morning chores I started baking my layers and pound cakes. I wasn't planning on getting this many orders this weekend,so I'm behind and have to catch up this morning,thank goodness for these new larger ovens!
By 11 am I had the last cakes in the ovens and taking the oven timer with me I headed outside to clean out a couple old buildings that we are going to tear down. I needed to get them cleaned out and move all the animal cages I had stored in there to another shed as #1 son may bring his machine down and tear them down tomorrow.
It took me about 1 1/2 hours to get that job done. Now we are ready for the first step in our new construction plans, the demolition of the old .
After a short lunch break I headed to church to work for the afternoon.
This has been another beautiful day 70 degrees and sunny.
When I came home I took a bird watching break. As I sat in the sunroom I counted 10 different types of birds that visited my feeders in about an hour.The Sparrows are making their way back down here and this looks like a Song Sparrow.This House Finch and Cardinal share the table.When I filled the feeders this morning I noticed a couple peanuts drop into this feeder and this Nut Hatch was determined to get them out.
I also saw Black Capped Chickadees, Doves,Titmouse,Downy Woodpeckers, Red Bellied Woodpeckers, Carolina Wren, and another darker bird that never got close enough for me to ID.
It's fun to watch the different species of birds that come in the different seasons.

Speaking of strange "birds" , note to prospective bank robbers out there, you need more than a pair of sunglasses to disguise yourself !!!!
Yep, this guy is handing the teller in a local bank in town a note demanding money. He got scared and ran off before the police got there without any money. But he did make a good picture, don't you think ??

After a supper of our last broccoli heads from the garden along with some greens hubbie and I headed back to church to finish vacuuming.
When we returned,daughter was here baking, so while I waited for my turn in the kitchen we got our first glimpse of the Tar Heels basketball team as they struggled to beat a small college called Limpscom.I predict more "black out spells" for coach Roy !

I iced 12 caramel,1 chocolate and 2 coconut cakes tonight after daughter finished and I am definitely a little more than tired tonight. Especially after taking a nasty fall while cleaning out the sheds. I slid down a bank when I stepped on some acorns that rolled under my foot. I landed hard on my left hip and I even have a sore muscle in the back of my left arm tonight. It's amazing at my age how many things I can hurt with one fall.
Thanking God tonight that I didn't get really hurt in my fall and thanking Him for His daily guidance.
Good Night and God Bless.

4 comments:

Patty H. said...

I love watching the birds. Sometimes we have wrens come up on the porch and sing for us. I love it. I had a nuthatch the other day along with some titmouse and sparrows.
Take care of yourself from that fall.
Blessings
Patty H.

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

You are one busy lady!!! I love the birds too.
Blessings,
Bren

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Yes---you did have a busy day, didn't you???? Cleaning out that old shed must have been a big job.

By the way, how is Number 1 son doing?? Did I dream that they may have to re-break his leg???? I hope that was just a bad dream of mine.

It's a gorgeous day here in TN --but we are very very dry AGAIN... We have a slim chance of rain the next few days--but George is out there watering things right now... Our roses are still alive --even after 3 mornings of temps in the 20's....Crazy!!!

We have alot of birds also right now. They must know that winter is coming!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Carole Barkett said...

I agree an am amazed you don't hurt after all those cakes too :O)