Tuesday, November 2, 2010

GET OUT THERE AND VOTE !!!

Election day 2010,here at last !!!No one can use the weather as an excuse for not getting out to vote today. The morning was sunny and cool as clouds rolled in about mid afternoon and the temperature plummeted.
I baked cakes after morning chores were finished until lunch. I decided to go vote while I had a break in the laundry loads and before I started housework. I didn't have to wait long and it was nice to see so many folks exercising there patriotic duty.
I spent the afternoon inside cleaning house and putting away Halloween decorations between laundry loads.
When hubbie got home we gathered the bag of cabbage and bag of potatoes daughter bought this past weekend along with some extra apples I had and put them in our root cellar. It is quite full now and ready for cold winter days.
D-in-love called and had made a huge crock pot full of chicken tortilla soup and cornbread so hubbie, daughter and b/f and I went over and ate supper there ,mmmmm it was very good. She told me how simple it was to make and I will definitely try it.
Walking back home the cold air was cutting right through me and as I shut my chickens up I said a prayer that they may manage to stay warm. We didn't get a chance to work on the new lot tonight.The high today was 54 about 7 degrees below normal. We have not had much "normal" weather this entire year.
Daughter baked most of the evening and after she finished I went ahead and iced 12 caramel cakes so we can work on the chicken lot tomorrow afternoon.

I would surely hate to be one of the people responsible for collecting all these !!
Seems they are everywhere !!

Thank you God for a wonderful day and all your blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, I am very pleased with many of the election outcomes, Marilyn. Tenn. now has a great Republican Governor --and we got rid of a Democrat incumbent Congressman in our district.... HOORAY!!!!!!

How did your area do? I think that the American people have spoken...
Hugs,
Betsy

Ardith said...

I love the header picture of your blog! The rainbow across the colors is magnificent! Did you take the picture? Good job if you did.

Take care and God Bless.

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit. I didn't make this apron..every month I have been giving away and old vintage apron..kind of fun! ;D