Friday, April 13, 2012

FRIDAY THE 13th JUST A REGULAR DAY HERE !!

Whew !!  Thankfully the temperature hovered just around freezing last night with no noticeable frost this morning.   Hubbie is off today because the shop he works out of was closed today for the last day of spring break. 
He spent the day on the tractor bush hogging the pastures.
I had to run to Tractor Supply for vitamins for a couple sick chicks this morning. This drastically changing weather is taking a tole on them even with my best efforts with the covers and lights.
It is also taking a tole on the hatching ability of eggs because so far unless I really wrote down the wrong dates for a couple hens none of their  eggs are hatching.
We can't tell yet how much damage our plums,peaches,pears,apples and berries sustained. The plums on one tree are as big as grapes already.
I noticed as I walked around the yard that the flowers don't seem to have any damage.
This is another favorite azalea.
I love the red blush inside the blooms.

These Iris don't show any damage from the cold temps so far.

This Lilac tree in my back yard hasn't done very well this year at all with only a few blooms and I haven't smelled that wonderful scent carried on the air at all this year.

After getting the vitamins in the chicks water  I came inside to bake cakes. I baked 6 caramel,
2 chocolate, 2 coconut, 1 pound and 1 wine cake before lunch.
This afternoon was spent on a lot of little catch up task that I have been putting off.
I moved all the smaller chicks and mama hens around with the hens setting on the non-hatching eggs. I clipped the unwanted bushes off the driveway bank and trimmed up some forsythia bushes. I put a bunch of stems in water to see if they would root. I have another bank I would like to get forsythia started on.
I re-filled all the bird feeders and saw the first Hummingbird of the season this afternoon.
The temperature made it up to 66 this afternoon and is 49 at 11:00, more like normal at last.
After supper I iced all my cakes and wrapped and labeled everything.
I feel like I have done a lot of bending and stooping today and am looking forward to a good soaking hot bath,
God is so gracious to me and I am so thankful everyday at all the blessings I receive.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Things sure are looking pretty at your place.